Welcome to Fight Club- September Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news...another bad day at work yesterday and I caved and went out for pizza and wine. I had three glasses, did not get drunk, but that is not the point. So, although I feel physically fine, emotionally I am upset and disgusted. I am starting off today AF and hoping I will be able to say, September was AF except for one day. I just have to be strong during the witching hours of 4-7p.m. I was tired, hungry and stressed and just plain weak. I need to remember that if I just get something to eat and drink at home, I am fine. I am also still committed and asking for support.
    Redhibiscus

Comment

Red- Hang in there. Sounds like a minor slip.
      I have to run to work but I wanted everyone to know that I am doing well, my sis is as good as I can expect her to be considering the circumstances. AF yesturday, hooray!
      Liath

Comment

Hi Everyone,
        Day 17 here. Feeling good.
        Red, Sounds like you are very aware of your weakest moment, that witching hour 4-7. When I decided, REALLY decided I was ready to do this time, I had to take myself and go to my bedroom during that time. I read a book, took a tylenol pm early and went to bed early,...I did something to get myself out of the regular routine that would set me up. Do whatever it takes. Desperate situations take desperate solutions sometimes, I was ready to do that, and it has been working for me, and you are worth it.

I've been busy too..all good, but am trying to check in here. I WILL be back.

Keep on keepin on! It' so worth it.
        Love yourself!
        Namaste'
        It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Red, hungry, stressed, fatigued -- that really lowers one's resistance, don't I know all too well!
          Work stress is the toughest, for me. Hey, it's hopefully one slip; don't let it take you down the proverbial slippery slope! climb back up on the wagon, and take good care.
          Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Red - Sunshine made a comment last month that resonated with me. Rather than beat yourself up over a small slip - if you can end up being AF all but 1 day that is AWESOME. For me, I look back and since I found this site on August 7th, I have been more AF than at any time in the last 6 years. That is a good feeling - that I am working on getting healthy. I may slip and I may not be perfect, but I am focused on being AF.

Namaste - good advice on the routine....and so proud of you!

Liath - Good for you for resisting yesterday!

Getter - Hang in there - and take it ODAT.

I am trying to be strong today....but I have a really sh!tty work schedule today with clients that make me want to scream...and throw something at them so tonight is going to be a huge challenge.
            ODAT!

Comment

God Determination, clients can be the WORST! such a sense of entitlement .."You're lucky to have my business" -- "Am I, really?"

Ugh. best wishes to you to be able to handle their crap!!

Comment

Hi

:new:
                I know I am a little late to start for September, but I am taking it ODAT, I have found that I can do 2 days, but day three is a git. Tomorrow is my day 3 (again), and I have a friend coming over, who will bring a bottle of wine along, and expect it to be opened. I know I will cave.
                I love reading about all of you who can do so many days AF, congrats to everyone who can, and hopefully one day I will be able to join you.

Comment

:welcome: Elsa!!!!

You know... I attempted day 3 many times over... and failed quite a few times. For some reason day 3 and 4 seemed to be the hardest. How about doing some sort of 'theme' with your friend tomorrow? Maybe some indian cuisine with tea? Or (not cheap, mind you) sample some of the newest fads in 'vitamin' drinks? (Acaii berry, etc)?? Make it an experimental night kinda thing?

Or make up and excuse (meds, etc).....or... tell her you're cutting down on AL consumption?
                  When I told one of my best friends about my little 'issue' with AL... she actually joined me on this site -said, she herself felt, it was time to slow down.

In any case... best of luck tomorrow - you will feel so much better once you make it over that hurdle.. honest! I'm on day 40 now

Hello to all other Fighters!!!! Red.. you have identified your triggers.. work with it! You can do it.. you know that!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey all,
                    Haven't posted on this thread yet but I see it is already up and running really well. Good to see the old names from the other thread and some new as well.

Liath, I hope things are feeling better for you now- I see you have been AF. Good for you and I hope you did treat yourself to some choccie the other day as you thoroughly deserve it!

Sunny I can't believe you have done 40 days now. Well, I can as you're one damn strong woman, but that's still so great!

I am 1.5 weeks AF now and the cravings are coming but luckily my parents are going to stay with me until I get into my new houseshare so I always have company and don't get too depressed. I start seeing my new counsellor on Wednesday, whose surname is- get this- 'Hope'! I'm also back in work next week so that should perk up my mood- I love my work

I can't promise to be on here every day as I am still in the process of househunting, but I promise I will check in as often as I can and hope to learn more about all you Fighters and support you if I can.

Happy Friday all!
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I'm sorry my friends....after my really crappy, stressful day I joined my colleagues for darts and I told myself that I would have just one beer....yeah, right! I intellectually know that just one will lead to another, but yet I didn't stop there - and consumed some beer and a bottle of wine.

Dusting myself off again....
                      ODAT!

Comment

Determination, that's right, get the duster out

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

1.5 weeks is awesome Kimberley! And still the cravings are washing over you? Ugh. I'm so glad your parents are there for company, especially during a tumultuous time like househunting and packing.

Determination, ugh, sorry to hear about your slip, for your own sake! Just a reminder that "just one" is so not possible. I had a bad day yesterday with a "just one" that led to, well, a lot of vodka, and feeling bad, and disappointing my niece, etc. Just overall disgusted with myself. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Liath, hope your sister is doing ok? Is her BF on still on the lam?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Hi

Hi
                            My friend came round with 3 bottles of wine tonight! I said I'd have just one - glass. Like you - yeah right. My friend had just one glass, and has now gone. I am on my fourth and counting. Which is really bad as I have a long drive to London tomorrow. Day 3 blown again!:upset:

Comment

Elsa,
                              I know it is the last thing that 'al brain' wants you to do, but drink a pint of water and go to bed. You will thank yourself for doing that in the morning. Hope you don't feel too bad.

Recovery Videos

Comment

Elsa, ouch! Day 3. that's a tough one ... I really can't handle being around AL on Day 3. it's the trip-up day.

Comment

Working...
                                X