Starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting over

I wanted to drink yesterday also, I didn't, went to my meeting at rehab, and came home feeling great!
    Today, no hangover, feeling content, and like myself a bit more! yeah no Al.......life is good, SOBER.
    have a great day.
    If you want a new way to meet people, try "meetup.com" You can chose many differnt meet ups that interest you, and might meet some nice friends. I have joined 3 groups. I hope you have this where you live, I'm in N.Y.c.
    raineyjane

Comment

Starting over

You are a welcome presence for we are all a work in progress in each moment.

A warm embrace to you~
      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Starting over

Your not the first to start anew.
        MWO is a respected forum, it really helps me to keep in check.
        i love reading and am no longer a problem to the community.
        work, we all need it.

Honesty is an early step towards a better way of living.

:welcome: its okay, your not the only one starting over. its a process.
        An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Starting over

:welcome: wip! I can relate to so much that you described. The thinking that "if I just change _________then the drinking will change...." Man I spent a lot of years thinking and acting on that one. Lots of moving around! I'm sorry you got caught up with the housing crash. AL has a way of making financial challenges worse too. I can also identify with the weight gain and finally getting sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This is not an easy journey to sobriety but it is so worth it. Do whatever you have to do to get AL out of your life. Then you can really start changing things for the better. I was ready to kill myself and had a plan for it too. Now I've been sober for over a year and have lost 60 pounds and have become a gym rat of sorts and can't imagine having the sort of suicidal thoughts that I used to have. It seems like that was a totally different person from now. Life is not perfect by any means but with AL out of the picture messing things up, it gets better all the time.

If I can, you can. Strength and hope to you.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Starting over

Yes, the best part for me too is the morning.
            I am still so grateful to wake with a clear head!
            I mustn't ever take that for granted again!
            Good luck work in progress!!

PS
            I think my memory is clearing up a bit too!

Comment

Starting over

AM.

A-men, mornings I love!
              An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Starting over

WIP
                I too have recently returned to MWO. I think some of us are a stubborn people, it takes us time to get it. Having a special needs child is very stressful and my heart goes out to you. We are here to support you and are all on this journey together. I wish I had found this site when my kids were younger. But the only time we have is now.
                Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                X