X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September to Remember-Week 1

Oh no, Peanut
    I'm so very sorry... how are you holding up? :l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanks guys - I'm ok. It was just so sudden.....he had alzheimers and aphasia and couldn't walk anymore, and he said after my mother passed away, that he didn't want to be here any more, so he finally got his wish. But so sad for all of us left behind.
      I'm an orphan!!!!!!
      xoxo peanut

Comment

Ive been drinking today, but I am in as from tomorrow. So its 29 days for me..... if thats OK.
        Just one step closer to SPRING

Comment

Pnut, so sorry about your Dad. He's at peace now with your Mother I'm sure.
          My parents have been gone a long while, I'm an orphan too. You will be OK.

It's wonderful to see so many sign on for our September ride on Sooty's sober bus - still plenty of room, right Sooty?

Whoosh, welcome to you! Please join us again tomorrow, we'll help you make it a good day 1.

Wishing everyone a safe AF night,
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pnut-I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Did he live close to you?

What a great turn out for September! Lav, thanks for starting the thread this morning.

LHB-I'm ready to jump on the sober buss for a Sept. to Remember. Sootty, here's my ticket. I'm grabbing my favorite window seat!
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

im in. hi all. no contact last week/ my enternet was down. missed you all.sorry about your dad peanut,will look in later.great to be back.

Comment

I,m in too-spring is the season of hope!

Comment

Good morning September friends,

We really filled the sober bus yesterday, didn't we? Glad to see so many on board!

It's a cool, crisp, sunny almost Fall morning here sunbird, makes me feeling energized! I have lots of outdoor projects planned and am happy to get to them during this period of beautiful weather.
                  I will be on babysitting duty Monday & Wednesday afternoons now that my daughter-in-law's classes have resumed. My grandson is a delight

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday, will check in later.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Peanut, really sorry to hear about your Dads passing, it's a tough time for you.
                    Keep posting here, you are amongst friends

Bree

Comment

Checking in with the gang to see how you are all doing.....gonna knock the fags this week too so I will be on here moaning no doubt...

Have a great day guys!
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning All,
                        Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. Funeral is all arranged in Wpg, now I have to arrange for my children to get there - one from Calgary, and two in Montreal. Hmmmm.... Could be pricey!! I think my and BF will drive!!! Feeling a bit better today as I got some sleep last night finally. Always have a hard time with this when I first knock out the sauce. But, happy to say, no cravings. I've been taking the Kudzu but have also had some headache. Does this stuff give anybody else a headache??? Mind you, that could have been due to any number of things yesterday!!!

I love the Fall Lavande - but we had such a poor summer for heat, that we are now finallhy enjoying some hot weather. It hit +31C yesterday here and is supposed to stay hot all week. I keep giving close inspection to my tiny cucumbers and pumpkins. Mind you - montrous spagetti squash!!! I do love veggie gardens.

Hello to everybody and best of luck (no, strength) on the September train! Day 3 for me today, AF, sugar free, wheat free, dairy free and peanut free (ugh!!)
                        xoxoxo peanut

Good luck knocking the fags One2 - that's another hard battle. However, when not drinking, I smoke 2 ciggies a day. Just another benefit of going AF.

Comment

Peanut..if I could smoke 2 fags a day, I would be a happy girl!!
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hello everyone, this is your driver speaking. There is plenty of room on the sober bus for all who want to ride. It will be travelling as far as October with no detours or wrong turnings. Tickets are free. The bus is air conditioned, has upholstered seats, some with flowers. Food and non alcoholic beverages are supplied. Welcome aboard.
                            Toot toot (no sorry that's a train) beep beep !!

Comment

Hey again,
                              Glad to hear you are feeling better Peanut. This site is absolutely vital to me and the idea of the September bus is fantastic and a real support to me. I am on day 7AF and feeling fab and I even though I have done this before this time I really think is differnet...a/ I feel really unwell thinking about drinking, b/ I haven't had a craving and c/ I have resigned to the fact that I can not moderate, not matter how I convince myself and have proven it over and over so need to stop trying and just be completely AF.
                              Thanks for the support and look forward to our bus journey together.
                              Luba:h
                              AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

Just checking in - day 3 for me. Am going for a blood panel this morning, and if the doc I saw yesterday is right about my hormones and thyroid etc. I should be starting to feel a lot more 'balanced' soon. Results Saturday.

And again - no Season talk!

Bets
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X