September to Remember-Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey September gang - end of day 3 for me here, no cravings but mind thoughts of course! It is so hot in my house, I shall go walk my dog for an hour - strange month to have a heat wave.
    Hope everybody else is having success in my favourite month of the year!
    good night!
    xoxo peanut

Comment

Morning all. Peanut please send some heatwave over here - 3rd September and we havent had a summer yet but at least for the moment its not raining!
      Hope everyone has a really successful day back later

Comment

Morning September friends,

It's sunny, cool & dry here this morning, loving it - sorry Bets, Sooty & Pnut We had a very hot, humid, prolonged summer here, way too much rain too. Glad to be moving on to Fall. I'm in the process of cutting back the jungle overgrowth in my garden - looks terrible.

Luba, congrats on your 7 days, that's awesome and Bets, 3 days, good for you as well.
        One2many, be sure to look at QuitNet for help in giving up the smokes. I'm 107 days smoke free today, they help me every day

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening SR's,

Just a quick fly bye. Spent the day at the Grand Canyon. It was a big WOW! Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread. Hope everyone is doing well.

Very early tomorrow so I'm headed for bed. Nite all.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Happy Friday morning September friends,

Lil, wow, the Grand Canyon sounds awesome, have never seen it myself. I carry around an endless list of places I want to go, things I want to see someday, sigh. Enjoy your trip!

Hello to everyone who checks in after me
            Probably will be back later.
            Wishing everyone a great AF Friday.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Awww.... Lil.. I'm jealous now! Like Lav, the canyon is totally on my bucket list!

Well, I'm off this afternoon to sail the great lakes (well, ONE, anyways) - won't be back until Monday. Planning on AF all the way!

You all have a fabulous weekend, be good, be safe, and be happy!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Evening folks. So sorry to hear about your dad, Peanut. It was a year yesterday I went thru the same experience. I was a bit wobbly early in the week but it's been better with each passing day. Such a comfortable bus you've got lined up for us, Sooty. I'll still be slouching in the back seat for another two weeks while studying legalese. The latest incident was a letter demanding I relinquish or reregister my dad's firearm (WTF????) - I never knew he had one! The things you learn about your parents... Keep clocking up those AF days everybody.

Comment

Evening September friends,

Where the heck is everyone? I hope everyone is lucky enough to be away vacationing this long weekend!

Sunni, I will be thinking about you this weekend and your Mom.

Pamina, tomorrow will be 23 years since my Mom passed away, I still miss her every day. You will eventually tie up the odds & ends of things but you never seem to stop missing them.

Well, I'll be tied up this weekend entertaining my adult kids, playing with the grandbaby and doing a bit of dog sitting as well. That's my life, in a nutshell

Wishing everyone a safe AF long weekend.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I'm still here - TGIF!!!!!! You all sound well - although it is a little quiet around this thread today. Thanks again to everybody for their well wishes - this is pretty damn hard actually!!! I don't deal well with grief and have none of my children around and no siblings in my city.
                    Pamina - that is interesting about your dad's firearms!!!!
                    And Lavande - dogs and kids dogs and kids - what more could a gal ask for!!!!!!
                    I've been thinking lately about taking a road trip to the Grand Canyon - must be sooooo phenomenal to witness. I've only seen it from and airplane flying back from SanDiego a few years back!
                    Very tired and not a very happy camper these days so I shall try to get some rest and hopefully, tomorrow will be better!
                    xoxo peanut
                    ps I can hear fireworks outside from the direction of the river! I thought they were happening tomorrow. Maybe I am missing them!! Phooey!

Comment

Dill - are you out there? I miss you. SD? You too?

Comment

Oh Peanut I'm so sorry you're finding all this hard. Try and be kind to yourself and take things slowly. I hope you managed to get some rest.
                        Glad the bus is still rolling along.
                        See you all later
                        Sooty

Comment

Morning September friends,

Looks like it's gonna be another slow day on the threads. Wishing everyone who is travelling this weekend a safe trip.

Pnut, I'm going to be here all weekend. Have a feeling Sooty will be here as well!
                          Dill & SD have both been going thru some family emergencies & losses recently. Hope they are both well & will be back with us soon

Woke up today, fortunately, to clear, dry, sunny conditions. Perfect for cooking & eating out which is what I plan to do!
                          Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday, enjoy!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

OOPPS!
                            Forgot to say Hi Sooty
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Pnut, I'm here. I'm just lurking lately. Sorry to seem like I am abandoning you friends. I'm really not. It's just that I haven't the strength right now to promise 30 days AF. Too much going on. I am doing well as far as not drinking goes, but I do sometimes give in to it. I'm definitely able to say that I am remembering September, though! But so far, late August and September have been not very fun! My brother is very ill and seems to be getting worse, not better. Other stuff whirling around here, too.

Pnut, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is to lose your Dad.:l

Hi Sooty, Lav, Sunny, Pamina and Lil! I always read your posts. Thank you for being here!:h You all give me needed strength.

I miss darkie and ladybirdheart!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi All.

Just finishing up day 5. Teen dramas gave me a huge craving, but I chugged an LGlut and got on with it.

I haven't caught up with the rest of the thread, but have a virtual hug from me if you need it!

Bets
                                x
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X