X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September to Remember-Week 1

Sorry,

I mispelled the website:
    The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All,

If I continue to eat chocolate at the rate I'm going I'll be able to fill 2 seats.:H

Which reminds me what kind of food are we having?

I can do a mean curry.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning and welcome to all newcomers. Dill you don't have to say anything, just knowing that you are there makes us all happy.
        Please know that we're thinking of you my friend.
        Jackie we can have any food we like as well - curry would be great - you can be in charge of the food trolley if you like.
        Have a good day everyone

Comment

I've always wanted to be a Trolley Dolly.

But I promise not to use a fake smile.

Love J xxx
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wasn't sure if we were still allowed to say Trolley Dolly - but now you have that makes it ok.
            Have a good day Dolly
            ps you've made me fancy a curry now!!!

Comment

My son make a beautiful chicken curry that you put a Bounty bar in. It truly is delicious.

Chocolate and curry all in one dish. Who could ask for anything more.

Love Jackie xxx
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

that makes sense Jackie - lots of curries are improved by the addition of coconut - and chocolate wow!

Comment

I want to be a Trolley Dolly! Can I have a turn?

Sooty and Jackie, I have added coconut to curry for many years, but Chocolate?!! Oh, I'll definitely give it a try on my next curry! Just add a Mounds bar, eh?

Hello Maisie, '67, and Lav. Lav, thanks for that link and for all your steady support.:h

Pnut, thankns for the reminder. I, too, have found that drowning one's sorrows with wine doesn't help. It's best to deal with it straight on, I believe.

Here's my thought to ponder for the day:

"I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of
                  my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most
                  precious gift I have - life itself."

--Walter Anderson
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning September friends,

How is everyone today? It's Labor Day here in the US, a day to reflect & relax.

Dill, your quote says it all, we have the choice! Sometimes we have to consciously choose to be happy. I think it takes a bit of courage, but we can do it! You sound strong today, that's great

Sooty & JC I love curry myself, maybe you can share some recipes! I'm not exactly sure what a Trolley Dolly is - not sure if I want a turn...........

Pnut, how are you today?

Not sure what I'm going to do today, just play it by ear, see what happens I suppose.
                    Wishing everyone a good AF Monday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lavande,

I think it's an old fashioned word for air hostess.

Air hostess is an old fashioned word for Air Steward.

Hope I've got that right before the P.C. brigade come and beat me up.

J x
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dill,
                        It is a Mounds bar. I'll check with the son when he gets back. But I think it's just a nice hot chicken curry with a Mound/Bounty chucked in.

To be confirmed.

J x
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

HELLO ALL!

TODAY....I HOPE TO CHANGE OVER 30YEARS OF JUST TOO MUCH DRINKING!!
                          I WILL DOWNLOAD THE BOOK AFTER 5.00PM AND GET STARTED!
                          MONDAY, TUESDAYS IS NOT THE PROBLEM....THE WEEKENDS SEEMS TO START NOW ON A WEDNESDAY....AND GO ON AND ON.....
                          I LIVE IN THE CARIBBEAN....SO MUCH PARTYING ALL THE TIME...SO IT IS GOING TO BE HARD....WILL NEED ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!

Comment

Hello All,
                            Sooty - I've never hear the term Trolly Dollty either. But can I keep this going?? Air steward (stewardess??) is an old fashioned word for Flight Attendant.

Labour Day long weekend and it's a beautiful day out there, breezy, sunny, warm but not too hot - I am feeling a bit more human today, even woke feeling a bit happy and went out and ate eggs benny. I can't seem to stop eating these days!! And now all this talk about curry - with chocolate no less!! Recipe please JC!!! Ever tried Mole sauce? Mexican...... has chocolate in it and it is delicious!!!

Just popped in here for a minute to say hi and see how everyone was doing.
                            Welcome to Mytime - downloading the book is a great first step - it's a really great motivational read.
                            Dill nice to see you dropping by and I hope things are going well for you today.
                            Lav - I'm gonna check out that website for sure!! I'm always looking for anything that can help me in this ridiculous battle!!!

OK - back to work. I am in the process of vaccuming (sp?) out my van - all that white dog hair - it' almost impossible!!! I had better get back to it - next step, soapy water!

xoxo peanut

Comment

Welcome, mytime! I recommend that you read, read, read on this website. Posting is good too!

Here's a thread that I found helpful:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Another good one is:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Evening all! That Morita link is right on the button, thanks Lav!! I am SO fed up with everything and just want to go home!! I had a long day today with various guys who are valuing my dad's property and possessions, learning about the roof tiles and drainage... Tomorrow I have to take paintings into town for an expert opinion. Even though I'm really tired, I've just sent off three letters/emails that have to get done. I've been such a master at procrastination, but it really only makes things worse.
                                I get curry with cinnamon, but curry with chocolate?????
                                Good to see you bopping about Peanut and Dill. Welcome Mytime, stick around and read up, there's a wealth of information (and fun!) on this site.

Comment

Working...
                                X