X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of fool am I

LOL!

Ahh, Whoosh!

I have to laugh, only because your post is like a mirror to me.

I am always setting up some great plan to change everything I am not happy about...and to do it ALL in a da. My BF and friends are always telling me that "Rome wasn't built in a day". However, Il ignore them and fail.

It's funny because when I first read your post my immediate reaction was, "Whoa...slow down". And then I thought, "wait a minute, that's what I do!"

I think my friends both here and here have some good advice for us. Let's work on one thing at a time. My suggestion is to start with either the smoking or the drinking.

BEST of luck to you and thanks for the mirror!

Comment

What sort of fool am I

LozzyJane;707868 wrote: Hi, that reminds me of "HALT" (think it's an AA term) - be careful when you get Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. I have been told that our cravings for AL are often when we are just hungry, or thirsty. When I was good, I found that if I was having a craving, which at the time I thought was for AL, if I had a snack I overcame the craving.
      Now I just think stuff it - I want a drink! It's ruining everything!
      LJ
      Great term! I've never heard that one.

Whoosh, Colbe -

I agree with all of the above posts. The one baby step at a time especially. And every time you crave a drink, do something else, anything. Maybe take a walk around the block ( will help the weight thing eventually too). Stay on this site for hours at night, like I did a lot at first.

Hang in there. It's hard but you can do it. I'm 54 by the way and drank (a lot) for 36 years. MWO has given me the most hope I've ever had in changing my life for the better.

Much love to you both!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

What sort of fool am I

oK, LOOK AT TOMORROW AS A NEW DAY. WAKE UP AND BE STRONG. Today is done, and you can't do anything about it. We all have the guilt syndrome, its tough, Look up guilt in the dictonary and you will see my picture - but all the members here have given me the support and encouragement to pick myself up , dust off my shoulders and look to tomorrow
        You Can Do It!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

What sort of fool am I

Whoosh;706597 wrote: Theres no fool like an old fool.........................Here I am drunk again.........This morning my plan was to stop...DRINKING....STOP SMOKING......GO ON THE CAMBRIDGE DIET
          Its all to much..drink to much..smoke to much...eat to much.
          So here I am Drunk Smoking & eating.
          I gave up drinking 22 years ago, but somewhere between then & now I started again.
          Im 55 years old & time is running out for me.
          Please Help Me:upset:
          one thing at a time. too many stressors drive us too DRINK> !!!

if you can at least slow the drinking down, the rest will take its course naturally.
          your disease returned, that is drinking. grab that disease by the neck and choke it off.

:thanks:
          An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
          X