Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New at this very moment

Hello,

For years I have come to this site and lurked around. I have read the book, taken the suppliments, walked the walk. But here I still am. And now I'm so tired of not being able to manage. Rarely do I have a night that I don't drink and full bottle of wine, or at least most of it. Why do I do this? Why can't I stop? I don't like the feel in the morning. I have no desire to do anything but crawl back into bed after taking the kids to school. I am trying to change my life around and have made huge strides and most areas, but this one. I don't know if I want to stop completely, or just drink moderately. Probably moderately. I don't even know if I am considered and alcoholic. Not sure if I want to know, really. Is this a place I can come to every day for encouragement? I don't want to go to AA, but I sure could use a buddy to talk to near about the 6:00 pm hour. How do others handle this?

New at this very moment

Hello Fig and a big Welcome to you! Climb aboard and you will find plenty of us wanting to give you encouragement. Good, you've read the book, taken the supps etc. That's a marvelous start. Keep posting everyday if you can and maybe you could check into the ODAT postings everyday (that's One Day at a Time). That's the one that has really saved me. So glad you are here with the rest of us.
    Stop in often and the best to you!!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

New at this very moment

:welcome:
      Hi Fig,

The encouragement you will get here, no matter which path you follow will be behind the all the way.

This place has been a godsend for me.

Keep reading, keep posting. SHOUT if you need help.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Best of luck.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

New at this very moment

Welcome Fig, glad you decided to join. This is exactly the place you can come to for encouragement. You will find it in so many different areas on the boards. People who struggling, one's who have many AF days under their belts and others who have years. We learn from them all.
        Good luck and jump right in.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

New at this very moment

:welcome: fig hope you join in this great community

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

New at this very moment

Hey Fig...

Log in here at the witching hour and get support, there is always someone here and the chat option is also great....don't be alone, so many here in the same boat...
            Look forward to seeing you!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

New at this very moment

Hi Fig,

Welcome, you will get the support you need, just ask!
              Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. Lots of folks there just starting their journeys as well. Have you made a plan to help you get through the witching hour? Find ways to distract yourself, take lots of deep breaths, drink an amazing amount of water & tea, take a walk...............basically just do anything but drink! It works. Take it minute by minute if you need to!!!
              Get that first AF day under your belt, you will feel so good. Don't forget the Hypno CDs - they help a lot!

Wishing you the best,
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

New at this very moment

Just going to echo everyone else here... welcome Fig! Yep, log on when the going gets tough and post in 'Need help ASAP'... that has saved many of us!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X