ODAT-Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT-Wednesday

Good Morning all ODATers and anyone that follows. I've been on vacation without internet for a week so I haven't been able to post. Vacation was wonderful with hiking, kayaking, etc. We visited S Lake Tahoe CA. Absolutely beautiful place but not as nice as my own New England state. Ahhh...goo to be home.
    I think I've had one beer since August 1...not much to talk about really. Feeling wonderful and really not missing the wine that much any more. I hope everyone is doing super and meeting goals. I'm off again next week for a week in Ireland! Can't wait for that one. We are renting a car and traveling around as typical tourists do. Giants Causeway and Dingle Peninsula are my must see destinations.
    Have a happy sober Wednesday!!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

ODAT-Wednesday

Hi all ODAT to come,
    Wow beginning wonderful post sounds like your vacation was a good one.... Thats one place i like to go to is Ireland just to see where my mum come from the last time i was there i was 2yrs old, cant remember any of it, but there is some photo's of my two bro and sis on the donkey and me just standing there looking at them in the gardan.

Day1 here for me again.....right i really need to get some tea bags now....

Have a god wednesday everyone.x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

ODATERS!!

MNB, good to hear from you! I'm envious of vacations!

Catch, really, congrats on your job. I have complete faith in you jumping right back on the wagon. I hope you didn't think I was being flippant on the other thread. Things like that are how our brains operate sometimes. That sounded so much like me. When I was at my dad's I cleaned out the fridge and unplugged it and brought home the bottle of champagne thinking "when I get this divorce"...... WTF was I thinking?

IT's a beautiful day here. I'm going to go be part of it.

In the AF Daily thread in monthly moderation, Cindi said "30 days goes by no matter what. Might as well do what's right". That can surely be applied to the ODAT thread. IT reminds me to be in the present.

Go for the O!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Hi ODATers

Life begins again, it is September and SCHOOL'S BACK IN!!!! Yay.

Celebrating with sobriety though Day 3 for me this week.

Luv to all
        Bx

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Thanks Greenie,, i dont think you were flippant at all, really you did make me laugh :H
          i love your sense of humour...It funny how the thinking brain can get carried away...
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Happy Hump Day, ODATers!

Greenie... that could have totally been me (grab the Champagne) - please get rid of it, will ya?

Catch & Mummie... good to see you back on the wagon... stay for a while, please?

MNB.. gosh, I'm jealous!!! It's been a long time since I played tourist (we usually just complain about them... tourism is the #1 industry here).

Well, after that whopper of a day yesterday (btw... next year's calendar won't have a Sep 1st) - on to a new (and better) day. Thankfully, I've made it through AF... although the thought was there... was it ever.

Hope you'll all have a grand Wednesday - keep it real, folks!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Hello all. Easy day for me before another surge, then a little holiday to look forward to. Going to spend some of that money I have been saving by not pouring it down the gullet. It is sunny and warm here but my big orange house cat is already giving me the eye in the cool early mornings that he needs to put on weight as “winter is near”. Life moves forward with or without the sauce and without is easier. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

ODAT-Wednesday

Hi guys,

Oh man I thought Sept 1st was bad? Today is even worse! I keep thinking that if I say "I love my job" enough times maybe I'll start to believe it? auuggghhh again. But I made it through yesterday AF and I do not intend to drink today at all. I am too damn tired. I want to get through this afternoon - go home, read a bit, do some laundry, have a hot bath and go to bed before AL creeps into my brain. That is the plan.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Working...
                X