Love yourself first!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love yourself first!!

MWO has taught me something, how to love myself!! It's not being selfish in any matter, but wise. It's alright to make mistakes, but learning from them is the most important thing. No one here is here to judge, but here to be there. Yes, life sucks, everyone here knows that, but this is your life and MWO is Gods way of telling your Life is not over!! :h

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Love yourself first!!

Well said, Savannah.. thank you!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Love yourself first!!

LIfe is unfair, life is hard, life is good. I read this many years ago and upon reflection, it is so true. It is unfair to have problems, whether they be alcohol or anything else. IT is hard to face all our life challenges, because we all have them. And yet, there is so much good in life. As we add AF days to our life we rediscover the good things, the simple things. Waking up feeling good after a good night's sleep, being honest with ourselves and our loved ones, enjoying a social occasion and remembering it, doing our best with our kids and being there. Life is good AF and for myself, it really helps to keep affirming everything good in my life.
      Redhibiscus

Comment

Love yourself first!!

Loving yourself unconditionally with all our faults and defects is where it ALL starts as far as I'm concerned. I've always said that alcohol was not the problem but the solution to my problems. I couldn't love myself or forgive myself for the things i had done, (even before I picked up a drink) because I'd been conditioned into a way of thinking and behaving that got me that attention and love I needed to mask the shame I felt growing up. So how could I possibly feel love for myself. Loving yourself is not selfish. I think it's very spiritual to love oneself and appreciate our innocence.

I guess having a forum to bring like-minded people together who can appreciate the struggles we face each day being alcoholic/addict can only be beneficial to our self esteem.

Love and Light
        Phil
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Love yourself first!!

Nice post Savannah-

I think it is so difficult for people to truly love themselves. Sometimes we do things that look or feel like we are loving ourselves, but we are kidding ourselves. I found through detoxing, meditation and personal conversations, I can find what I truly need. I am still working on loving myself the right way and I think this is a life journey of discovery.

Your post also made me think of a saying, "It is not where you go, but how you get there." I am not sure if I am quoting that correctly but it has the basic jist. It is not the accomplishment but the work, the struggles, the ups and downs of how
          we got where we are. I hold onto this thought as I struggle through my addictions.

Hope everyone gives themselves a hug today!

Comment

Love yourself first!!

Thanks Savannah,
            Forgiving ourselves is not easy but is doable.

Be kind to yourself today, everyone
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Love yourself first!!

thank you all for your post!! I'm feeling very positive to myself! I just want everyone to do the same.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Working...
              X