Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Morning guys!

I was up early this morning - haven't had a great week and didn't sleep well - again.

My BF is giving me a hard time which of course just ticks me off and makes me drink more. Only 4 beers last night but that is 4 too many. But that's another story.

It's Friday, I am so glad. Going to the cottage for the weekend with my little girl as sof 5pm today and can't wait to get away.

Hope everyone else has a great one!

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Friday

Morning Uni, i hope you have a great relaxing weekend away!

I have a 4 day weekend coming up and am excited to get lots done around the house and am going to the Renaissance Festival here on Sunday.

Still AF and going into the weekend wont change that.

Have a great sober Friday all!
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!

Uni I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. I didn't sleep well last night either but nothing major. I was thinking this AM how my sleepless nights were. Thrashing about in an alcohol sweat. Swearing I'd quit. Ugh!! The cottage weekend sounds lovely!! Hope you rejuvenate!

EO is sick this AM so I may cut the grass. I have new lawnmower parts to install first. I already chewed up the blade and fan on the rocks in the tundra. Who know mowing the grass could be complicated!

OTher than that..... same old sober!

Have a good day with your goals!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi all,
        Greeni...hope all went well with the mammograna.....interesting stuff you said y/day love when you underline commuication issue! Hmmmmm
        Bessie... A good run of af days makes us feel good...
        A classicgirl....goood to have you back.... i know that feeling sort of! try and keep with us.
        uni ... good idea just write of y/day today is a new day hang in there and enjoy your weekend with your little girl....
        Mistall... drink always makes the situation worse enjoy your 4day wkend.

my hubby will be out of a job from today his a good worker he will be on the pc 24/7 selling things on ebay so it maybe hard to get on here but where theres a WAY theres a way RIGHT? but im not giving up i will keep on keep on!!!! day3 for.
        if i miss anyone out im sorry but i do love ya ALL:h
        Take care and b good to yourself! right O im offf... keep
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Don't forget your senior's card, Uni! Have a great, relaxing weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Afternoon all!

3 Days AF this week, had wine last night - feeling "why do I do that" today!! Not for the first time either, but still let go of yesterday and move on with today.

Uni your weekend sounds great - hope it recharges your batteries to fight on next week.

Catch22 - good luck with husband's venture, it is tough with redundancies etc but as you say where there's a will etc.

Luv to all and all to come and have a good one whatever you're doing.

Bx

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Just quick greetings and farewell for today. A long one ahead but after I finish it up tomorrow I have ten days of freedom. I hope sleep comes easier for us all soon although I can handle several nights of insomnia as long as it does not include alcohol as part of the mix; the one-two-three o’clock heart pounding terror and despair dance is more than I can bear. Last night I was wide awake and peaceful. Love, Ladybird.
              may we be well

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Quick in and out (no, not THAT kind) for me, too!

More bad news yesterday... my mom is back in ICU. So far, this month is 0 for 4. Couldn't we just rewind and start over?

However, I'm AF and that's something to be grateful for.

Greenie.. how did the squeezogram go? Uni... have fun at the cottage... we're heading out on the boat this afternoon - til Monday. Mstall... get things done around the house??? On a LONG WEEKEND? Gurl, you've got it all wrong! Catch.. so sorry about hubby's job... I wish you the best of luck e-baying. Mr G... shame on you! If Uni has a senior's ID, I must be running around with a tag on my toe! Ladybird... hope you sleep well tonight! I slept like crap, too... but just stuff on my mind.

I hope I didn't forget anyone.. if so.. please forgive, my brain is still fried from about 11 hours of programming yesterday... have a grand AF weekend, everyone... be safe and stay happy!

:l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi all..not much time to write, just stopping by to check in and say that I hope we all meet our goals today. Mine is to be AF today. I had wine on Wed...I could kick myself. Don't know what happened..I guess it's because I didnt' have a plan. Yesterday was AF and today will be. Didn't sleep hardly at all last night so I'm not myself today.
                  I'll check in over the weekend. Be well everyone.
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi ODATERS

Wishing all my friends in the USA a lovely Labour Day weekend. Stay Sober! Holiday weekends are always a trigger for me!

Well, I'm back from my mum's. Drank too much on the holiday Monday (didn't I say that holiday weekends are a trigger and my mother is another trigger so it was a double whammy). Anyway I had to endure her disapproval and a lecture about over indulging. Then the next evening she offers me alcohol, not once but several times! I have never discussed my drinking with her so I suppose she doesn't realise how hard I am trying to change.

Oh well, I also went out for drinks last night with friends after 2 AF days. Again I over did it although I had a good time. I am now determined that I am going AF. I have got to stop repeating the same old cycle. My kids go back to school on Monday and I am going to spend the next few weeks looking after myself and doing some exercise and hopefully losing some weight.
                    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                    X