Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Morning all

A fresh sunny start here in the UK. I don't feel that fresh and sunny but I am having a new start to a run of AF days. I so need to get them under my belt. There is wine in the house from the week of dinner parties - it is being taken back to the store for a refund.

Tomorow I go on a long sponsored ride for cancer research so I need an early night.

Have a great day all.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Saturday

Hi to all ODAT
    Bissie... good for you.... and enjoy tomorrow.
    Sunshine..sorry to hear about your mum sending lots of love my way.
    good news my hubby got another week at work b4 he goes.
    day 4 for me i need to learn to accept not to go along with the flow anymore because i know i would over flow it or flood it.

Everyone have good sober weekend.
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi Odaters

Yes it's a beautiful but fresh autumn morning in the UK. Woke up feeling more alive and still determined not to drink. If I want to feel this good I can, every day, all I need to do is not drink in the evening. Sounds so simple doesn't it?! :H :H :H
      If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

BlueSKy, it does sound so simple, but we know that it's not simple for us. I joke that morning Redhibiscus hates nighttime Redhibiscus, because when the obsessive thoughts start, I somehow seem to forget all the hell I've been through and will go through again with that first drink.

I woke up feeling great, able to look forward to three days off, as it is a holiday here. Perfect weather and feeling sober and healthy day 8 AF. I just have to do this ODAT.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

I wont drink today need some af days. rudemama

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

ODATERS!!!

Love, lovely day it is!! Isnt' it great to wake up AF and you see the day as full of opportunity?

Bessie I'm glad your parties are done. You must be beat! Now you can get all sorted and back to tending to bessie.

Catch that's good about hubby! I'm excessive too. Even if I didn't act on it and drank normal like others, the thoughts of it (more) were obsessive.

Blue Sky and redhibiscus, simple? no. obsessive? yes. Worth it? YES!

Rude, WB and stick around this time OK? You had a great run there for a good while. I have been wondering where you were.

Sunnybutt, sorry about your mom. How far away is she from you?

Everyone have a good day and be determined with your goals. It's worth it!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning ODAT's!

Today marks my 30 days AF and i have truly never felt free-er.

All that are struggling - stick to it, make it your priority and good things will come of it.

I just applied to a job that I hope will have the opportunity to interview for. I have been struggling at a job that pays me 12k less a year then what i made before i got laid off and it has been a real struggle.

I have 2 smokes left and then the rest of the day will be smokefree, right on time for the goals i set.

I'm off for a 4 mile walk and then i have to face the bills and house cleaning. Which is so much easier sober.

Have a wonderful weekend all, i have 4 days off and plan to enjoy each one to it's fullest.
              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

I don't really know how this works,I've been reading a lot of posts. I'm trying to quit and having trouble,everyone is on my ass.Need support

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi Mary

You've found here and you're reading posts - 2 really useful and helpful things to do. This forum works by giving information, advice and support from others who have quit, have learnt to moderate or are working towards either of those goals.

Someone else with more experience than me will be able to tell you more about the supplements and cds and things - I am sure there is a section on the site that tells you all about it.

Good luck and keep posting and reading. This thread is a daily one for those of us who really need to take things one day at a time (ODAT - gettit?!). There's a new one every day, different people pop in and out, why not be one of them?

Bessie xx

Comment

Working...
                  X