Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Sunday 6th September

Good Morning ODATERS

Hope that you are all waking up hangover free, especially my USA friends on your holiday weekend!

Real autumnal feel here in the UK. Yesterday packed away the inflatable paddling pool and tidied up the kids play house. Got them to agree to getting rid of quite a few garden toys to their younger cousin! Going to help HB refelt the shed roof later. Kids back to school tomorrow so then I can concentrate on sorting myself out.
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

like your name, initials hahaha, blue sky. B S ,O D A T, group,good way to progress with sobriety one day at a time,funny how much you can get done when you dont drink,good luck with the shed roof,and work safe,have a wonderful sunday gyco

Comment

Hello Blue Sky, Gyco, and all Odater's to come.
      Yep Gyco, it is amazing how much more life we get to live, when we stop drinking, and obsessing about it. It's all in the thinking, for me.
      A safe, sober, and magical day to everyone.

Best wishes............G-Force.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It is beautiful weather here in the Midwest, with the first hint of autumn. I absolutely love this time of year. Plan on visiting my family today and already know there will be no alcohol available so this helps tremendously. I can just enjoy.

To all you who are struggling on this holiday weekend, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. This is my first AF holiday in a long time and I am trying to enjoy and remember every second of this three day weekend. I am just filled with gratitude that I am on day 9 AF. Thank you to all who post and share....I need to read and spend time on here to stay AF. I know I can be AF today.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

ODATERS!!!

Hey ho! Lovely morning here! It's so early I think I'll catch the zoo when it opens. Later there's a misic at one of the river parks. A contemporary blues guitarist. Little doggie said she'd be interested in that.

Nice to see everyone here this early morning!

Have a great day! Good luck with your goals.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning Bluesky, gyco, guitaristic, red and greenie,

Today i will be heading out to the Renaissance Festival with my non-smoking girlfriend
            looking forward to people watching, checking out the pottery and jewelry and finding some good eats.

today i am on day 31 AF and day 2 not smoking. yesterday was a b*tch, constantly thinking of smokes, but i just kept yelling at myself NO. hope today will be easier...even if just a bit.

enjoy the day all!
            AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning Bluesky, gyco, guitarista, redhibiscus, greeneyes and ms tall...and all to come after.
              Its another hanover free morning here. Its going to be a beautiful, sunny and crisp fall day here in New England US. I just love this weather!
              My daughter and son in law are here for the weekend..no temptation to drink although they enjoy having beer. Not me! Beer has never been something I enjoyed. So, I'll make a great meal later and in the meantime go for a walk with my daughter and her pup and maybe just relax in the swing chair with a glass of lemon water later this afternoon. Enjoying the sober living! Be well everyone and enjoy your Sunday.
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Good Morning from Mountain Time. I am pleased that everybody else is feeling better than I am today or this would one crabby thread. I am also very grateful to be AF.

I started a mini vacation yesterday and welcomed it in with a nasty cold. The curse of the responsible. I never get sick on a workday. Ever. To top it off it seems that Lord Bird Heart is mad at me and evidently has been carrying around this for weeks while being his old sweet self to my face. G-r-rrrrrrrr.

Love, Ladybird. G-r-rrrrrrr.
                may we be well

Comment

Ugh. Messed up last night. Was it worth it? No, I guess not. Well, time to get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                  X