If I can do it anyone can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, I am a first timer here and I am hoping I can help. My husband and I are both over 1 year sober now, YEA! It has been a very tough year and we have been tested like you can not believe but we made it. Since we became sober, we have had a job loss (with a very nice income) a house fire, I had major surgery and we had to relocate to a new city. We are still sober through all of this and this all occured in less than a yrs time. It is such a tremendous feeling to wake up and not dislike yourself for drinking all day the day before. We did it together which helped alot!!! I personally was drinking sometimes close to a box of wine in 2 days. I would wake up in the middle of the night and get a glass of wine, guzzle it and go back to bed. Get up and go to work and come home and drink wine until I fell asleep and than I would wake up and start all over again. We would literally drive all over to buy wine so that the we did not have the same person wait on us every day at the liquor stores. We estimate we are saving approx. 400-500 a month by not drinking. It is such an awesome life without the alcohol. I just hope and pray that we keep it up. We have 2 beautiful grandchildren now and that is such a motivator! I would love to help someone if I can and am thinking that if I do come to a point where I may need a little encouragement this is the place to find it.

Lovemynewlife,

Welcome to MWO.

Congratulations on achieving such a long stretch of sobriety. That is wonderful!
    You are correct in thinking this would be a good place to come if you wanted or needed support. How kind your very first post is one offering to help and support those of us still finding our sober legs

I hope you find this site to be as supportive and welcoming as I have over the past almost two years.

I hope to "see" you around.

K
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

:welcome: & well done 1 year alcohol free is fantastic your in a great community here where you can give & take advice without judgement.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:welcome:Welcome, LMNL!

How wonderful that you and your husband were able to help each other achieve this goal. I agree: grandchildren are a great motivator!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello LMNL,

Welcome to MWO, glad you found us!
          Congratulations to you & your husband for your success! Sounds like great team work despite some very rough times. You both have amazing strength & resilience.
          Please join us on our many threads, I'm sure your knowledge & experience will inspire many
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X