Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September to Remember - Week 2

Good morning, friends!

There is a fog outside my window and it mirrors the fog I have been in for the past month. As many of you know, my brother has been through so much this past month with his children and siblings looking on, feeling helpless. We spent most of this labor day weekend at his bedside. His struggle ended last evening. I want to thank you all for your support of me through this very difficult time.

I can honestly say that in spite of some slips, I have been mostly sober through this, and that has been a blessing. I am grateful for it. That is also something I thank you all for. Even when I had no energy for posting, I was reading and you all carried me, whether you knew it or not. Thank you.

I wish you all a peaceful and full AF day.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

So sorry for your loss.

Remember him with love.

Jackie xxx
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning friends,

Thank you Dill for starting week 2 for us.
      I am so very sorry for your loss. Your brother is at peace now, he was very lucky to have such a caring & supportive family at his bedside. I hope Dill that you can find some well deserved peace for yourself. You will remain in my thoughts & prayers.

It is a dark, damp morning here as well. But I will turn on all the lights and get down to work in just a few minutes, have much to do today.

Wishing everyone a good AF Tuesday.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:l Dillie.. I'm so sorry. I know this has been so difficult for you :l
        I do believe that your brother is in a better place now, free of agony. I hope you will find some peace, too.

It's the dawn (BS - it's almost 10am) of day 31 here - and I am grateful for that. I have to say, that resentment didn't rear its ugly head once this weekend. It really didn't bother me that I was not drinking. Incidentally, nobody else cared, either
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi everyone,

Dill, I am so sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you were able to go through this sober. Your family will be in my prayers.

I'm in for week 2 - sober and healthy.

Love and hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Dill, I am deeply sorry about the loss of your brother and so glad that you could have been with him in the past few weeks. I have no siblings and you would be a particularly good sister to have around.

While I have been reading and appreciating the September to Remember posts every day, I did not ?sign on? for the new thirty days as it seemed daunting at the time. I had planned to possibly test the waters with a drink, my plans didn?t work out :H, I am still AF for nearly six weeks (who knew), and now I have a miserable cold and a headache. It is the curse of the responsible; I never, ever, get sick when I have to work, only on my vacation.

Anyway, I am still here if only lurking, and sending my very best out to you, Dill, and the September passengers. Something is keeping me sober. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Dill I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you at this most terrible of times.
              Please know that you have lots of friends on here who have been thinking about you. Take care of yourself dear Dill
              love sooty

Comment

Dill, my thoughts and prayers are for you and yours today.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Dearest Dill,

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother.
                  Please know I am thinking of you.

Love, MamaZ

Comment

Dill, I'm so sorry for your loss. The fog will lift and you can take heart from knowing you were there for him and family. We're all here, thinking of you.

Ladybird, nice to hear from you. Sobriety is obviously meant to be.

I'm mentally exhausted and have slept loads today. I think tomorrow will be a better day.

Comment

Thank you all so very much.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just popping in.

Dill - I'm thinking of you, and wish you and your family strength and peace. x

Day 9 for me, someone brought round a lovely bottle of red as a gift yesterday, but it's not calling to me.
                        It helps that Mr Sweats is away, so I'm solely responsible for the Teens and dogs.

Take care all

Bets
                        x
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Dill glad to know you're still reading our posts and knowing that people are thinking of you will give you some comfort I hope.
                          Come back and join us when you are ready my friend and take it easy.
                          Well the weather here has finally changed and the sun is out. I'm feeling good and I'm going to get outside and enjoy it.
                          see you all later

Comment

Good morning September friends,

Another cloudy morning here but that's OK - woke up refreshed anyway!

Dill, hope you are well today, thinking about you.
                            Sunni, thinking aout you & your Mom as well.
                            Uni, glad you're staying strong!
                            LBH, sure hope you are feeling a bit better. Fantastic job on your 6 weeks!
                            Hi to Sooty, Greenie & MamaZ, always nice to see you all!
                            Pam, hope you can finish up your duties soon & return home. I can certainly understand the exhaustion. Stay strong!

Well, today is a paperwork day, need to get caught up
                            Have a good, AF Wednesday everyone.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning, September crew!

Glad to hear the sun is out for most of us! Although, I'm not sure I'll actually see much of it today... will be anticipating the ingrown office chair again. Lav, would you come and do MY paper work, please? I can't find my desk and I'm SURE it's under here, somewhere!

My mom is slowly coming to and hopefully they'll turn off the machines today. Thought they were going to do it yesterday, but apparently they've changed their minds.

Dillie... I'm thinking of you. You must be exhausted
                              Sooty - you're sounding GOOD!
                              Betty, luv, good luck with the teens and dogs (not sure which is worse?) And, congrats on day NINE! Well done!
                              Pamina, how are you doing today? Better?
                              MamaZum... all is well in your world? Yes?
                              Ladybird... YOU are keeping yourself sober, my dear Keep it up!
                              Uni... congrats! You're stringing together AF days, aren't you?

Day 32 here - and I'm definitely looking for a mate for the next 30 days.. any takers?
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X