X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September to Remember - Week 2

Lav, Thanks for the quote. Very true.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dear Dill, so sorry that you're feeling so unhappy. Its a hard time I know, and you are strong and will pull through.
      I wish I could say something that would make it better but there are no words and sadly its just something that you have to endure until eventually you will wake up one day feeling a little better. I hope that day comes soon for you my dear.
      In the meantime talk to us whenever you feel like it. Loving thoughts are coming your way
      Sooty x

Comment

Hi September friends. I knew when I did not sign on for the thirty days this month that I wanted to find a situation where I could check out my curiosity about drinking and I did. It ended up being the New England coast in a blinding, beautiful storm. I had no car or liquor shop (or phone or computer for that matter); I was in a good mood (but not too good); I was not stressed or depressed or angry or lonely?my goodness drinking safely is a bloody hassle. Anyway, I did it and it was just OK. I did not really have fun with it, felt scared about getting a hangover, and felt a little ?off? when I talked to people. The only thing I deeply enjoyed while drinking was the food which was already sublime. So that?s what I learned and now it?s over. I shall sign on for week three with a clear heart for the rest of the month. My very best to you Dill, Sooty, Pammy, Lav, Sunny, and P-nut. I thought about you while I was away and realized how fond I am. May those of you who are grieving feel soothed and loved in between the times when it hits like fist. Come home Lil. Love, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

Thank you Sooty. You help by just being there!

LBH, very interesting post. Were you with your husband or friends when you tried your experiment? I'm glad you will be more actively posting, that is certain.

Busy here, helping my son and daughter-in-law move to their new rental. Looks like Mr. Dill and I will have our nest to ourselves again. The kids will only be about 20 minutes away which is just great!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

just popped on to say goodnight. A pleasant day today with no thoughts of al at all. Its lovely when that happens!
            Hope everyone has a good tuesday - see you all tomorrow
            Sooty
            Dill - lovely to see you on here again x

Comment

As usual Ms. Dill, you are very kind to describe my post as “interesting”. I found it awkward and embarrassing but this whole thing won’t work for me if I don’t come clean. I was with my husband and his family. He is aware for the most part of my history and is both supportive of my efforts with MWO and detached from any illusion he can make or break what I do. Nobody else had any idea of my little internal drama which turned out in any case to be kind of a dud. I am glad I am home. Love, Ladybird. PS. Nighty-night, Sooty.
              may we be well

Comment

LadyBH, I think it quite interesting, that your HB is aware of your struggle, but doesn't seem to feel he can "make or break" what you do. He is right, of course. But the fact that he seems to care so much probably affects you more than he understands. My HB is the same in that he cares very much. Except I think he is much more invested in thinking he can control this. I think he is learining his lack of control, just as I have learned of my own.

Good night, my friends.
                Dill

Comment

End of the day check in,
                  Sooty, Dill, LBH let's stick together!
                  I think as a 'unit' we can have a great second half of September

'See' you all in the AM.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello fellow rememberers! Not so warm here today but never mind. Had my hair done this morning and this afternoon I'm off to use a belated birthday present - a friend paid for me to have a massage and its this afternoon. I really am a pampered Sooty today!
                    But then I deserve it (lol)
                    Lav, Dill, LBH I hope you're all doing ok and fighting the good fight. I'll be back later all relaxed and probably slightly oily (yuk)
                    love to all of you
                    Sooty :l

Comment

Working...
                    X