Just got thru second day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got thru second day

Have only done three days long in the past 6-7 years and no more than 11 days in the past 25+ (even when I did chemo 7 years ago I still drank).

If I can get past 12-14 days that will be a first. Tired with a sore throat and doing a bit of heavy perspiring (yuck)

Here I go.......

Rebecca

Just got thru second day

All I can say is one day at a time, I know it is a tired saying but if you think of not drinking for years ahead it seems impossible but if you take it just getting through the day at hand it is very possible. I didnt think I could ever do it, it was my life. I just didnt know that there is soooooo much more to life and when you are sober you see it. I find that drinking soda throughout the day helps me. I don't think about alcohol anymore as a "fix" for whatever is bothering me. I deal with things 1 at a time. You will be so happy and I hope it gets easier for you. I know at night you are tired and depressed at times in the first weeks, I had the shakes bad also. Every day will be a little better. Hang in there, it is worth it. I did take benedryl at night to help me sleep. Just regular strength and just the normal dosage. It helped. Give this your best shot it is so worth it. It is not easy but you will be so happy. Please hang in there.

Comment

Just got thru second day

Hello,
      I am new to this website and look forward to the support that I feel is necessary to control my drinking.
      Dale

Comment

Just got thru second day

:welcome:

Hi Dale,

Good place you've found. Stay close to the boards. Read and read and then read some more of the posts. Post when you want. Shout if you need help.

Lots of support. Everyone here is behind you.

Love Jackie xxx
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just got thru second day

Rebecca,

:goodjob:

You're going great guns.

Stay with us.

Love Jackie xxx
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just got thru second day

Rebecca,

Good going ! Don't worry about the sweats - take cool showers, I did
            Stay strong, each day gets better, you won't be sorry.

Hi Dale, Welcome, glad you found us! Have you read the MWO book yet & made your plan?
            Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread - lots of folks there too just getting started.

Wishing you both the best!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just got thru second day

Hello, Rebecca - That's great on the 3 days!
              Hello, Dale!

To both of you -
              It can be difficult at first, but it does get easier and it is so worth it. It sounded impossible to me also, I could not imagine 30 days, but I am happy to say I've past that point, and have MWO to thank. The support and information you find here are invaluable. As the saying goes, one day at a time, oftentimes one step at a time.

Best of luck to both of you. Much love!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Just got thru second day

Great job, Rebecca!
                ODAT!

Comment

Just got thru second day

well done on 3 days rebecca...
                  the first 3 (in my experience) are the worst)
                  keep up the good work.

hugs & prayers
                  annie
                  xx
                  "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                  Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                  X