Why? the end of Day 3 and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had two drinks...why? What did they do for me? Not a damn thing but make me feel like shit and a loser. Back to day one again!!1

Hi Mya.

Now you know that you could've gotten by without those two drinks, and don't really 'need' them. It is only a step backward if you don't learn from it. One way to learn is by making mistakes, so do try to take the positive away - and on the bright side, two is better than eight or ten, so stop now and you'll back on the right track.

You know you're not a loser -- you were on your way to day four, so you've got a lot going for you now, and you're not going to be dealing with a big hangover, so just roll with it from here.

Take care and good luck.
    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Your Mood is confident. so really are you A loser?

i don't think you are at all.
      An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Two drinks and stopping is definitely not a loser. That's what normal people do.

Comment

two drinks an stopped!! Success!

Hi all
          Mya I so agree with Gearhead, two drinks that is no failure, that is fantastic, that is what we all want to be able to do. Don't think of the day with the two drinks as making you a loser think of the three days AF as making you a big sucess. I have not been able to have two drinks and stop in so many years I can't count, take care:goodjob::goodjob:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Two drinks in three days is how people without an alcohol dependency drink. All you hit was a speed bump. I don't see why you should feel like I loser. You are not a loser. I say you hit two tiny speed bumps on day 3 and day 4 you wont hit any. Honestly get a notebook and write all the good things about alcohol on one side and all the bad things about it on the other. That is when you ingest it. Alcohol just sitting there does nothing. I think you'll probably surprise yourself with what you see and hopefully become a happy non drinker!!

If you can do this without hitting rock bottom and just changing your mindset you are a very strong person and I applaud your efforts. Keep us posted!

:goodjob:

AF 27 days in 5 minutes.
            "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Working...
            X