Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09-09-09 Club

Hi all,

I am back and this time will glue my face to my computer and read and post and not chicken out if I fail..
    (I know what some of you think. "Promises again").

I tried to cut down, but I am not able to make it past 48 hrs. Which is not due to withdrawals (only sweating and some anxiety), but due to lack of willpower.

I had 09-09-09 as a backup plan #1 if everything else failed.

Last night I finished 5 beers that were left in the fridge, my husband is very supportive and agrees not to have any AL in the house, which I am very grateful for. So no AL at home, that is plan #2.

Had a horrible (AL_wise) weekend. On sunday night my husband and I went to a nice bar for few. i drank 10 big glasses of wine within 2 hrs. Made a pact with a bartender to pour some when my husband was not watching. So what a surprise for him when we left, I fell down, could not get up and he had to carry me in the car and from the car. :upset:
    I have bruises on my knees, elbows and a black eye as a result. Normally he would be mad, but I saw a tear in his eyes next morning. He feels sorry for the drunk I became. I do need to change for not only for our 3 kids and him but for me also.

Anyway....today is my 100th and hopefully last DAY 1.

I would love for someone who is also in their early days to join the 999 club! Also some advice how to break the AL'cs neck from you who made it longer would be greatly appreciated!

:thanks:
    Good luck to all!
    Love,
    MamaZ

09-09-09 Club

Oh Mama,
    Sounds rather familiar!!! I think I know how you are feeling!! Especially about the will-power part. How come it is strong one day and completely elusive the next?! I don't go out much in public (drinking-wise) any more for fear of this sort of thing happening to me, and as a result have not gone to see my favourite bands in over a year!! You are fortunate to have your hubby with you - lucky. I know I've leaned pretty heavily on my BF - don't know how I would have managed without him. And like yours, no anger, but alot of concern.

999 club sounds great - I would love to join you, although I am not that confident at the moment. My dad's funeral is this saturday and my whole family will be converging on our home city. I will try though - my two wine-o brothers have stopped drinking, so maybe I'll just stay close to them!

Best of luck to you and have a great LAST Day 1!!!!
    xoxo peanut

Comment

09-09-09 Club

I will join in on this club as today is my Day 1 too and I know I can do this! so let's stay strong and stick together and see how we do, ok?

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Oh MamaZum... :l

I've been there Not a good place.
        However, something you said concerns me:
        I do need to change for not only for our 3 kids and him but for me also.
        Honey, you need to change for YOU FIRST. I know it sounds so cliche and all... but until YOU WANT to make that change to YOUR LIFE... I don't think you're going to succeed.

I've got a few AF days under my belt but am very much at the very beginning of this battle - I'd like to join you, if I may.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Hi Mamazum

Lovely to hear from you. I too am still struggling. Sitting here thinking I will go to the supermarket to get some essentials. Milk, Bread and filling for the sandwiches I have to make tomorrow morning. It's no coincidence that I have allowed us to run out. The dark side of me knows there is no red wine in the house and if it can just get me into the supermarket as the witching hour approaches I will cave in.

Argh! I hate this internal battle.
          If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

09-09-09 Club

MamaZum (like your name by the way) -
            I've been here 32 days now, and a few things that helped me (besides good diet and supplements):

As well as a start date, set an end date (say 10/9/9, which is actually 31 days), then go from there. I just commented to another 30 day person about going for 30, which would be 60. Then I break it down to a week at a time, as a "long term" goal.

Replace that beer space in the fridge with something non AL, and keep it there. I now try any kind of sparkling flavored water (stuff I used to see as a waste of money, I mean it's water....). I keep a container of cut up oranges or fresh mint to add to my evening "cocktail". I go through a bottle (or more!) a night, but it's AL free, so it's OK. I realized part of my heavy AL consumption was this particular habit of just pouring and drinking it all night, and this does help.

Whenever you get that urge to drink, do ANYTHING else. Take a walk. clean the house, whatever, doesn't matter, just keep busy. Exercise is such a great stress reliever.

Someone recently posted a saying, "HALT", which was Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired, which are common drink triggers. Take care of those and the urge lessens.

Give a little encouragement to every new person you see post here. If you have one or two days more than them, you can from personal experience guide them, even if it's just something little (I find this very therapeutic myself; I think the feeling of being connected is beneficial on both ends). I find it very liberating being able to discuss these very personal issues in a nonjudgemental forum.

Know your own triggers, places, and times where and why you you may feel the temptation, and have an alternate plan in place. It sounds like you've thought this out, and I'm glad you have your husband's support. If you have a slip up, never feel embarassed about admitting it and starting again. I think most people here have had that happen, so never give up. Just do anything but take that first drink.

I wish you the best of luck. We're all in this together, from the one day folks to the ones that have years under their belts. Hang in there.

Much love!!! - Dance
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Mama ~ big hugs my friends :l :l Glad to have you back! I am here for you every step of the way. Hang in there girly, and stay close!!!

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Thanks so much for all your replies!

Just wrote a rather longish post and it disappeared when I clicked "Go Advanced"!!! Does this happen to me only because this happens too often. This is frustrating as I am a very slow typer and I have to go pick up my son from school soon.

Peanut, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will stay strong.

SS-GG, of course i want this for me. (I think what concerned you was the structure of the cited sentence...remember that I do not speak Engl....lol)

Lynnie, Day 1 at 999 Club. Perfect. What time zone are you?

Blue, can someone else do the food shopping for you? Here in US big supermarkets deliver when you order online. If you already went, I hope you did not buy it!

Dancelot, you have 30 days???!!! FANTASTIC! thanks for your time and very helpful post.

Choppie, I am happy to see you. I hope things are getting easier for you.

Need to run now, i hope to stop by later tonight, definitely AF.

XoXo,
                MamaZum

Comment

09-09-09 Club

hiya mamazum,this is my 100th time on day 1 also.
                  we can do this.
                  i must.
                  hugs & prayers
                  annie
                  xx
                  "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                  Bring it on!

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Lynnie, Day 1 at 999 Club. Perfect. What time zone are you?

MamaZum - I am on Eastern Standard time. It is 3:20 here in Canada as I write this. Hope to see you all on-line later!

Take Care.......

Lynn

Comment

09-09-09 Club

I am on the same time as you, Lynnie! That is great, we can count even AF hours in the beginning together. (18 hrs AF as of now)

Sunshine, I did not know you are on Day 32! CONGRATS!!!!! I am happy for you.

AnnieMac, i am very happy you are in with us.

MZ

Comment

09-09-09 Club

OK, I forgot to ask the Q question.

What is (or was) your plan to make it past the 2nd or 3rd night AF?
                        That is what is always the worst for me. Well, not always.....since it did not happen in at least 7 yrs after my youngest was born.

Thnx

Comment

09-09-09 Club

My 'plan' if you will (especially the past few weeks) has been to quietly say to myself: "I don't drink. Drinking is not an option." Pretty simple and not very imaginative, I know. But it worked. And, I've spent HOURS here.

Thanks MamaZum... like I said.. it's early yet. I've been here before and then blown it - but not this time. I found a certain relief (as in weight off my shoulder) in the decision/realization that there will be no moderating for me. I will have to be AF. Period. I'm just not wired for drinking 'a little'.
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

09-09-09 Club

Hi y'all. I have a thought I'd like to share (before it gets lonely in my head...LOL!!) How about thinking of it as a "budget cut" due to changes in finances - like giving up the frills when household income takes a hit for the worst. By the time the finances rebound, we are usually on to other things that have helped us rebound. JMHO...
                            :l
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

09-09-09 Club

MamaZ...We were on some AF threads together several months ago, just stringing together a day here and there when we could. I'm glad to see you back and wanted to wish you well. And I'm going to hold you to the part of your post that said NOT to go away even if you slip. Stay here, post and read, that is the key!!

Comment

Working...
                              X