Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stop eating

Hey everyone,
    I am on day 18AF and for the past couople of days I have not been able to stop eating like crazy - mainly healthy food but some junk (trying to limit as I am taking all the supplements). has anyone else found this during detox period???? Drinking water like a fish also:H (do fish drink lots of water??) but just feel hungry non-stop........any ideas? Luba
    AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Can't stop eating

yeah, i think i was like this too at several points after quitting.
    this time i am taking antidepressants so i'm fine.
    actually it's kind of having the opposite reaction.
    i suggest exercise.... generally when i see how long it takes to burn calories, and how quick i consume them, it seems to put a damper on my food binges!

Comment

Can't stop eating

Luba I too have experienced the cravings,especially for carbs!urgh..guess its all just aprt of it..hope it balances out in the end though.
      chicken

Comment

Can't stop eating

Hi Luba,

:goodjob: On 18 days.

In my lengthy drinking career, I hardly ate at all.but I got hugely round.

Now I'm eating like a horse. I've actually LOST weight!

I think we're replacing the calories lost through booze with food.

I just eat anything I want at any time. I'm just dealing with the alcohol for now. Food and cigarettes can come later. One thing at a time.

As for the fish. Ill get back yo you after I've had a big think.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009 :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Can't stop eating

Like Jackie I didn't really care what I was eating during the early days. I couldn't eat much to begin with anyway due to the withdrawals I was having. Fizzy pop and sugary sweets kept me going and I couldn't care less about my teeth or anything much else; just as long as I didn't pick up a drink. My appetite gradually came back but becoming a 'health freak' while trying to combat the drink at that stage was just not an option. I eat when I could eat and I eat what I felt like eating (apart from chocolate liqueurs etc.!!!)

I would just be grateful you have your appetite back and as you say if your already eating quite healthily anyway why worry about the odd bits of junk right now. I'm sure things will even out the longer you stay sober. (Although saying that I've still got a big thing for chocolate right now!!)

Love and Light
          Phil
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Can't stop eating

Luba - I couldnn't say any better than Hippie. At first we don't eat enough. Now I I find myself eating everything and can never get enough. I am constantly eating. I eat chocolate ice cream and junk food likes it going out of style. I wouldn't worry too much about what you eat right now. That will work itself out. Just my friendly advice.

Comment

Can't stop eating

Hi Luba,
              I did a fair amount of eating myself in th early days, then it leveled out. My biggest problem came when I quit smoking...............I gained 7+ lbs. immediately and just can't seem to lose them.
              I keep telling myself it's all worth it but geez.... I don't like feeling porky!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Can't stop eating

Hi Luba,
                I had the same problem as you and it just got worse when i quit smoking. I urge you to keep the "treats" to a minimum and stick to eating as many whole foods as possible.
                I picked up a ridiculous amount of weight which at the time I justified by saying well, at least I am sober/smoke free but it's not a whole lot of fun trying to get it off again.
                I have cut out all sugar from my diet and have started to see a huge improvement as well as my moods stabilising.
                Good luck.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                X