7 DAY THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 DAY THREAD

We all have each others back here....good job to you Savon for not caving!!!! I know I thought of it a bit yesterday, driving by the LCBO and the beer store......but I have promised myself 7 days! You are doing great at Day 3!!!!

Nothing feels better than perfect water temp.....I love being in the pool!!!!!
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

not such a good morning, thought i would have 1 glass and ended up as usual with 1/2 the bottle, am going to wash the remaining booze away this morning and NOT buy any more, the kudzu came yeasterday when is the best time to take it and how much, hope you all have a better day than me,
      Twitch

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

Tawny - Today is a new day! That's the way we have to look at it...

I made it thru yesterday, so today is Day 4. Days 3-4 are the ones where I have lost it... often... in the past. NOT trying to set myself up for failure!

I know that if I make it to 7 days... I will get stronger. Hmmm. Shouldn't say "IF"!!

Gotta keep busy. Keep my eye on the goal. I need to keep reminding myself how my whole mental attitude will change for the better the longer I go...

Have a good Sat., everyone!
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

I want to try 7 days. I've never made it before. The most I've been successful with was 4 days, and that's in a 20 year span.
          This is my first post here. I've been coming and reading for several months but too afraid to join. I'm really frustrated with myself and ready to try anything to get my life back.
          I've realized I am drinking myself to death and now that I have a 18 month old grandson it must stop.
          The problem is my husband drinks. I used to say to others "my husband's an alcoholic" and now I see I am too! I think it evolved by the old saying "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".
          Oh well, today is my first day AF- again.

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

A very big welcome to you Franzia! Good to have you here....so glad you plucked up the courage to join, you are among friends....

looking forward to hearing more from you and Well done on day 1 !!!
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

I'm having trouble figuring out all the symbols and posting rules! What is the title section for? How do you add the pictures?
              I read some posts referring to baclofen- is this the prescription muscle relaxer? Is it supposed to help with cravings?
              If I'm doing this wrong please understand I'm totally confused right now!

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

I have been here for 3 days , im glad im not the only one who doesnt understand, i want to add apicture too and my posts keep getting lost, help, also the witching hour is approaching and there is no alcohol in the house help
                Twitch

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

this is a title?

Hi Tawny ~
                  Your braver than me to not have any alcohol in the house. I say I won't- and then at 5:00 or "dinner time" I find some reason to run to the grocery store and just happen to pick up a box of my old favorite Franzia chardonnay.
                  Are you 3 days AF?

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

Tawny - go to "user cp" (top left), then "avatar". You can choose pic from Lots they have or add your own.

Didn't make day 4.

Schlott.
                    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

morning everyone, Franzia, no I managed Thursday then drank Friday, but with nothing in the house I was AF last night, will try really hard not to go to the shop for anything, I still feel like shit though, my head is pounding and there is no way I can stop taking the presript painkiller's while I feel like this, should I give them all up at once or concentrate on th alcohol for now, I am going to do a home liver test tomorrow, get the result's in 10 day's, I'm worried that it will come back really bad or if it's not then I will just think that that proves I can carry on drinking,why can't I just be a normal, rational adult? Thank's for the tip Savon.
                      Twitch

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

(Cute avatar, Tawny!)

Welll, what is it they say about Good Intentions? Blew it yesterday - as I said. Woke up feeling quite positive, made appt. to test-drive a gym near me... which I then cancelled.

And THIS is whyI Need to do 7 Days! This is embarrassing and Disgusting.

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

savon19;714515 wrote: We Used to have 7 Day Threads - I LIKE them. (Or even 4 day threads...)

I'm starting Tomorrow (don't ask!).

I've been quite under control the last several months... now, not so much.

I will do this alone, if I Have to!

In case anyone was wondering... this IS an addiction, pure & simple.

1 WEEK. We can do it.

:l
                          Count me in! We CAN do it! :thanks:
                          I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

Hi everyone!!!

Well, Day 7, I drank. Unfortunately will drink again tonight as there is still beer left in the house. If it isn't here, I won't drink it. I will not beat myaelf up. I did 6 and a half days. I am proud of that. I haven't been able to do that in a year. I won't look behind me, I will look ahead....I AM getting better. I wasted 2 beers last night, just didn't feel like drinking them. That's gotta mean something, lol!

I am running out of Bac and I fear I won't have enough until my order comes in...I will have to titrate down so I can make it last, even still, I don't think I will be able to make it. My last order took a month to get here, I ordered last week, and I think I have 2 weeks left. I didn't plan that well, did I? I am going for a physical the end of October and I am going to try and sell my dr on the Bac and get a script for it. If she doesn't I will just keep ordering online. I know this works, and I will continue with or without her help.

On another note, my DD1 comes home from France tonight! I can hardly wait to see her! I am so excited!
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

I was given Baclofen for back pain awhile ago- had no idea it was used for this purpose!
                              I took it WHILE I drank! Ha Ha! Ofcourse it totally knocked me out. I have a few left- wondering if I could use it to stop the cravings now? Any ideas?:new:

Comment

7 DAY THREAD

Well, I made it thru the day!

Feeling stronger about this. But then I usually do the first few days... until I get to Day 3-4. OK - THIS TIME.

I'll be signing in tomorrow.

Have a great evening, ALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X