Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September to Remember - Week 3

Hello September friends!

I believe this is the beginning of Week 3 - already!
    Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. I'm going to get some work done then get outside to enjoy this sunny, dry day, rain to return tomorrow, oh well!

Hope everyone has a great day, will check in later.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Good morning September friends. I am really glad this is Week Three as Week Two was frankly bizarre for me. Feel back on track and far less like a blooming idiot than I did yesterday. I am going to have a good day putting my nest in order and enjoying the process of not drinking. I am glad you will have your son and his wife nearby, Dill. I trust you had a fine massage today, Sooty, and are appropriately now a “noodle”. Thank you for starting things off, Lav, we shall be ducks in a row. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

Ladybirdheart, how could you ever be a "blooming idiot"?! I think you must be too hard on yourself!

Lavande, thank you for starting the third week out for us. A new week holds new possibilities for all!

Hi Miss Sooty and all else who pop in today!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi everyone I had a lovely massage - well actually it was a facial with shoulder and arm massage thrown in. I've been plucked and tweezered and my little face is soft and smooth! (shame about the wrinkles) No seriously it was lovely to be pampered but I'm tired now so I'll be turning in soon.
        Hope we all had a good day, keep safe gang, I need to know you're out there
        nite nite
        sooty :l

Comment

LBH, did you get your house put in order? I will attempt that for myself this weekend. I'm just in from work and feeling kind of tired. I am not a napper, so I will trudge on until bedtime. Hoping all have had a pleasant day.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi, Dill. The old house is gleaming and smells of citrus oils, and I am feeling more peaceful as a result. There is always more to do, of course, but this is enough for today. I was not much for naps either before I discovered MWO, and after I found how hard it was for me to push on without drinking when I was really tired (I think I used alcohol for fuel), I started making myself lie down, put a sleeping mask on, and listen to a CD, either the MWO hypnotics or another for meditation or guided imagery. It really helps and I think is actually reprogramming what passes for my brain. Something has radically changed for me. I don’t usually sleep, just float around in the dark for a while. I check with you later and see how you are. Off now to run some errands. Love, Ladybird.
            may we be well

Comment

Sooty, we cross-posted! I'm glad your massage went well. Somehow I am not surprised! Turning in early is my plan for the evening, too. I am giving thought to LBH's words regarding the therapeutic possibilities of resting in the afternoon, if not all out napping. Popping in a meditation or hypnosis CD is a good suggestion I think. For today I simply rested while listening to an audio book on my ipod.

Hey Lav, I bet you'll be checking in soon!
              Dill

Comment

Hi gang! I managed to read your posts yesterday but this stupid mobile broadband kept disconnecting itself and I couldn't stay online long enough to write anything. Sooty, that massage sounds lovely, I'm jealous! I'm having my teeth whitened tomorrow, which isn't quite the same thing, but at least I'll be able to open my mouth without embarrassment... LBH and Dill, I like the sound of afternoon rest and CDs. I tend to only take naps, and even then only if I'm really exhausted. Daytime meditation is a great idea. Today was a bright, sunny day which revealed the glass half full, not just half empty. I have a lot to be grateful for, not least the internal shifts that have unfolded over the past year. I'm glad we're all here, in September 2009. Sleep tight.

Comment

Yep, I'm still here & checking in!

Dill & LBH, you sound like you're both settling in, that's good Finding the right pace for ourselves is important to our overall well being. I have come to realize, over the course of the year, that I just don't have the drive to push myself day in & out the way I used to. Is it laziness creeping in? I don't know, maybe a little. I think I'm finally finding the value of slowing down a bit to 'smell the roses'. A little afternoon meditation time or an afternoon nap - why not? Who/what is stopping me

Pam, you mentioned finding a lot to be grateful for this year - me too! I vote we all take a little time to reflect & rejoice in that!

Sooty, glad you enjoyed your facial/massage. That kind of thing actually freaks me out (I'm wierd that way). You never know, some day I may develop an interest in that stuff

Wishing you all a good night.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello Sept gang,

I haven't dissappeared but feel that I have been to the end of the earth on this trip. So much of the time I haven't had cell service let alone internet access. I'm in Colorado now and slowly meandering toward home. They have open range out here in the west and the cows, horses and burrows wander all over the place, including the road!

Lav, LBH, Sooty, Dill, Pam it's so good to see you all still here! I have missed everyone. I haven't had a chance to caught up with everyone but will do that when I get home. Still have about 5 or 6 days on the road. I'll talk to everyone then if I don't get a chance to get back on before.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Lav I'm STILL cross posting with you!!!!:H
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Goodmorning Sept. Friends!

Wow, Great to see you lilmea! I sure have missed you, but I am glad you have been having such a great adventure. I was in Colorado once. Mr. D had a conference in Breckenridge. It was beautiful!

Thought for the day:

Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for
                        that determines our success or failure.

--Norman Vincent Peale (1898 - 1993)

Attitude is everything!

. I have come to realize, over the course of the year, that I just don't have the drive to push myself day in & out the way I used to. Lav, I am at the same place. I don't think it's laziness. It's wisdom!

I have a lot to be grateful for, not least the internal shifts that have unfolded over the past year.
                        Pamina, This 'internal shift' sounds like what LBH mentioned when she said she felt she was 'reprogramming what passes for my brain'. I need to get where you two are! I have had glimpses.

Have a great day all!
                        Dill

Comment

Good morning September friends,

Greetings from a dark, cloudly SE PA, rain on the way!

Dill, great quote, thanks! Just goes to show my 'Lavan-ittude' can be quite useful

Lil, missed you! Wow, what a long, long road trip for you. Bet you have a thousand pictures taken by now. Our cross posting just show we have some sort of 'mind connection', ha ha! Stay safe on the road

Well, I have some work to do this morning then prepare for an afternoon with my grandson. He's tons of fun, love it!

Hello to LBH, Pam and everyone who checks in - will be back this evening.
                          Have a great AF day.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi everyone hope you're all having a good day. Lovely autumn sunshine here and I'm thinking of getting out into it. Just had lunch though and feeling in need of little rest!
                            Whatever you all do today hope it goes well
                            talk later
                            sooty

Comment

Hello Pam of the blindingly white choppers and Sooty of the porcelain peau. I am just my regular old self but I am one fine specimen this morning. It was great to hear from Lil again; if you read this, Lil, enjoy the big sky and open range of Mountain Time. Hi friend Dill, I loved the quote you included today about attitude; it is right on. Come home, P-nut, we shall watch over you. Ms. Lav, I appreciate your thoughts on slowing life down. I have a hard work assignment tomorrow, a not so hard one (I hope, there is always room for ?Boo!?) on Monday, another monster next Thursday, and maybe something or other the following Monday, maybe not. Then I am down to two a month max. I can do anything two days a month for a while. It will keep my hand in things and give me a pocketful of mad money. Hope you are well today. Love, Ladybird.
                              may we be well

Comment

Working...
                              X