help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

Hi I am new to this site and need some help to stop drinking I am 37 and have drinked every night for years my father died an alcoholic at 50 and can remember hatung him drunk and suffered badly with mental abuse from him I have 3 young children 7 4 and 2 and until now have thoght I only have a couple of glasses of wine at night though every morning I come down to find 2 empty bottles of wine and find empty beer botles in most cupboards around the house were I have had sneeked to not let my husband see them what do I do I feel so ashamed

help please

Gilbert, Hi and welcome. Are you drinking now hon?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

help please

Hi gilbert,

Welcome to MWO, glad you found us!
      You need to stop drinking now before it gets worse. You have 3 very young children to think about & care for - how can you do that properly drinking as much as you do right now?
      Download the MWO book and make yourself a plan. Get rid of any remaining alcohol in the house. Start drinking a lot of water, tea, etc. to keep yourself well hydrated. Make sure you eat well & rest. You need to get a few good alcohol free days under your belt so you can begin to think clearly.

Please make sure that you or someone responsible is watching your children.Do as much reading & posting as you can, we'll be happy to help you along but you need to make the commitment to quit!

Wishing you the best,
      Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

help please

It sounds like you are drinking to the point of blackout. I'm really concerned here. Does your husband have any idea of your issue? Who is there with you now? ditto what lavande said
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

help please

:welcome: Gilbert
          You have come to the right place. you have already received some good advice. I just want you to know that most of us have been in a similar situation and understand what you are going through right now.
          Get those fluids level up (alcohol free ) and get some sleep. You'll feel crummy for a little while and then you will feel GREAT!!!!
          Check out the Newbies nest there's lots of help there. Also the toolbox thread is a good place to look for some helpful tips. I will bump it up for you.
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

help please

Hi Gilbert, I have also suffered with Closet Drinking Syndrome! No fun going to open the kitchen cabinet in the morning to make a pot of coffee only to find an empty beer can or 1/2 glass of Wine. It is only a matter of Time before your husband finds out- he might even already know and is avoiding it. We can only cover our tracks so long- So the good news is that you are here- no one will judge you here, only support you. YOU are the only one that can make yourself stop. When My husband knew I was drinking and hiding, his threats and warnings only made me dig my heels in deeper to HIDE more
            Keep close to us- do this for YOU and your kids
            Read the posts from other members- jump onto the live chat.
            Good Luck and Be strong. You can do this
            DLW
            Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
            And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
              Today is a Mystery
              Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

help please

:welcome: Welcome gilbert,

I, too, am a closet drinker at this point. I used to drink openly until it got out of control. Then I started to quit which became hiding. Ugh.

You have come to the right place. You will receive lots of help and support here. Bottom line is, it is up to you to take action. You took your first by posting here. Now you need to take the next step. Promise yourself a day without drink today. You'll be so proud and feel so good tomorrow! I promise!

Strength and best wishes to you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

help please

Hi Gilbert, I hide drinks from my husband too but im sure he knows. you must look out for your kids, they are so precious, and only little for such a short time, you need to be sober to enjoy them and look after them safely, I only came here yesterday and managed 1 night af , please read all you can on this site and go drink lot's of af drink's, we are all in the same boat, stay strong, lot's of love
                Twitch

Comment

help please

Welcome, gilbert, glad you found this site! There are many, many people here with similar stories. The beauty of MWO is that you will find people who do understand, do not judge, and that is such a comfort. Also, lots of information. Keep reading, keep posting, your life will get so much better.

Tawnywitch -
                  Congratulations making it through that first day! That is a huge first step.

Best of luck and much love to you both.
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

help please

Hi Gilbert!

How are you doing today?

MZ

Comment

help please

Hi

I only found this site a week ago, but just reading and reading the posts on here have helped me have 4 AF days, not together, but at the age of 37 like you, I am a beginner at this AF lark. I have had AF days for the first time in 10 years since joining this site. The 'What I really hate about drinking' thread really helped me, unfortuantley I could relate to most of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X