All or nothing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All or nothing....

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just been reading many of the threads which seem to mimic my own life with drink.

I have recently been making some moves to slow down and stop. Some have worked others have not. My main improvement was to switch from heavy to light beer, which has helped me a lot. I still have a strong thirst though and sometimes I fall over even on light beer. Sad I know.
    Like many I put drinking before eating and I cant stand around idle without a drink. If I'm not constantly working to keep busy and stay away from beer I am completely idle and drunk.

I have twins which are 16 months old and I see how they watch me drink. I feel terrible to think of what I am instilling in their little minds. I think my father did the same with me and my brother. I want to stop the cycle. I want to expand my mind beyond this stupid habit. I cant seem to sleep much when I don't drink. That seems to be quite common too.

Thanks for reading....I guess I'm just letting out my thoughts....I will continue to read all of your experiences and try to remember to breath and let go of this urge to have a beer in my hand.

I'm starting today. Fingers crossed.:thanks:

All or nothing....

Hi there Elemental!
    A big welcome to you and well done for deciding to get a handle on this horrible cycle.
    Your story is very much like many of ours, the guilt and self hatred seem to go hand in hand with this too.
    For me, making the decision to quit and then dealing with my feelings as they arose was the way I tackled it. Using this site for support and inspiration along with the supplements lglutamine and kudzu for cravings.
    This can be beaten, its hard work but do-able and VERY worth it.
    Good luck on your journey and keep in touch!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

All or nothing....

Hi ele, and welcome!

That is great news that you want to overcome your problem. A agree with startingover's suggestion of the supplements, l-glutamine, and kudzu. You can order or download RJ's book as she has porvided invaluable information for you to use. there are many people here with lots of knowledge and support to offer. Just ask!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

All or nothing....

ele, I know how you feel, as do many of the good people on this forum. Congratulations on making this change in your life. I'm currently struggling as well, but will overcome this. I HAVE to. Keep us posted and use this forum for support.
        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

All or nothing....

Welcome Elemental, ditto to all the above. Wishing you well.

Comment

Working...
          X