Starting Over..... Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Over..... Again

Dang it! I started a new job on Friday; a good job at that. I've been unemployed for the last 10 months. Up until Friday, I had been doing pretty good moderating and abstaining. But, Friday after work I thought that I would "celebrate" by having a few drinks, which of course turned into a binge. I woke up this morning with a serious hangover, but feel more guilty than anything.

So, I'm starting over again. I simply cannot drink anymore. This job requires that I be at peak performance and if I go to work the morning after I know that it will seriously affect my job performance. Aside from that, alcohol is taking its toll on me physically.

I just need some support folks. I have to do this, it's now or never.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Starting Over..... Again

Sosad, I'd be over the moon at having a new good job! Take a pic of your work place and stick it up in your car so you don't go "celebrate". No AL in the house. Write a list of alternate rewards. revisit the toolbox thread in Monthly Abstinance. You can do it!! Just quit trying to mod for a bit, eh? Don't take the risk; Your life depends on this!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Thank you greeneyes. This job is soooo important to me that I feel an extra "umph" to curb this once and for all. Geez, I even have my own office with a real door and window...

And you're right, my LIFE does depend on this.

I do think that I will be successful because a lot of my drinking over the past two years has been during times of underemployment and being unemployed.

And you're right, I can't do the mod thing anymore. I have to stop completely.
      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Great!!! take a pic of "YOUR" office! And change your mood from worried to determined or something more positive and assertive!! Right!?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Hopeful is more appropriate... Thanks greeneyes!

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Hey Sosad! I didnt realise you got yourself a new job? Thats amazing!!!
            I can see how that need to celebrate might take over. Put it behind you now and look forward to a good future. It sounds like things are turning around for you at last!!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

startingover;718792 wrote: Hey Sosad! I didnt realise you got yourself a new job? Thats amazing!!!
              I can see how that need to celebrate might take over. Put it behind you now and look forward to a good future. It sounds like things are turning around for you at last!!
              Thanks startingover. I need to celebrate by healing my body. The job requires a lot of focus and sometimes long hours; I can't afford to be nothing less than at my peak.

I can do this!

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Oh yes, you certainly can do this!!! And I am absolutely sure that you will.
                Good stuff sosad!!
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Of course you can do it sosad!!

Congrats on that great job! Drinking always seemed to be a way to either celebrate good things or just say F-it to bad things that come along.

You know how great you will feel being sober and being able to accomplish so much.

What keeps me sober is my fear that one drink will lead me down that path again and I might not be able to turn it around next time.

Wishing you the best!
                  AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Thanks for the encouragement folks. I look forward to be healthy again!

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Just to say congratulations on getting a new job, wishing you all the best.

Comment

Starting Over..... Again

Elsa;719079 wrote: Just to say congratulations on getting a new job, wishing you all the best.
                        Thank you! :thanks::thanks:

Comment

Working...
                        X