Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reasons i want to stop drinking

Hi all,
    I was thinking to quit for a long time, and now i think i need to list out why i feel i want to stop drinking now.

I want to quit drinking because:
    1. I don't want to feel bad about myself.
    2. I don't want to wake up in the morning after i drunk and wondering did i do anything foolish or made myself ashamed when i was drunk.
    3. I don't want to lie to my boyfriend and my daughter anymore.
    4. I don't want to feel quilty, it's a real torture to me.
    5. I feel more stressed whenever i drink.
    6. once i start to drink, i always can't stop and i will drink till i passed out.
    7. I hate myself when im drunk and i don't wanna hate myself anymore.
    8. I want a healthy life.
    9. I don't wanna lose control.
    10. i wanna sober in every precious moment of my life.

so i want to start AF from now, 21 Sept 2009.

That's all i can list out now. I need your support and tell me why you want to quit, pls help me...thank you...l:l
    AF today

Sending tons of support. You have found a wonderful place with some truly awesome people. Make sure to think hard and write down your plan. Supps, meds, CDS.....whatever you choose stick with it until it becomes habit.

As for the reasons to quit.........ditto to all of yours except I have a son.

:l and good luck
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Sending oodles of strength your way, love! :l

Yep.. all of the above.. but I have a son AND daughter :H

I can also add
      • I don't want to spend money I don't have on booze/spend my money on better things
      • I want to be able to get things DONE, instead of nursing a hang overI want to be able to respond to emergencies (like after 6pm)

There are a million reasons, really. And, I think it's a good idea to re-read them or even redefine them frequently.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Lovemylife - love your name!! This and your post are both very encouraging.
        What you & the others said +
        * I want to set a good example for my kids
        * I want to lose a bit of weight
        * I read on another thread that al abuse can lead to nerve damage- even MS...I don't want that or the other health problems posed by excessive drinking.

Best of luck on your journey...keep reading & posting.

xo

Comment

Just want to say Welcome Lovemylife
          *I dont want to keep having arguements when drunk*
          *I want to be a person that everyone likes*
          *I want to be HAPPY*
          Good luck hon
          :dancin: enguin:
          starting over

Comment

Hi AK, Sunshine, Angel and Ronie,

Thank you for your responses...and your idea, i have had my first AF and i will still keep going.

I don't know what happened but i always have nightmares everytime i sleep since my last drink, and i really don't feel good. I hope i can get over it soon but i hope i won't forget why im here too.

so the 2nd AF continue...

hugs n kisses to you all
            AF today

Comment

goodluck and welcome lovemylife you have lots of support here and advice.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome, lovemylife! You have written a good list that matches my own! Strength to you!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

LML, great list. It's so cathartic to get that all out in words. Good for you and good luck
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Love, and a big Welcome to you.
                    All great reasons to stop drinking, and stay stopped. Alcohol is a liar. It will take away our dignity, our pride, partner's, our friends, our family, job, roof, our soul, our health, life force, life, desire, passion, self respect. Problem drinking is a slow suicide.
                    Hope you stick around and do lot's of reading here. Work out a plan for yourself.

Best wishes, and well done on day 2!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Mario, Dill, Beaches and Guitarista...thank you for all your love and support.

I am feeling a lot better today, mood getting better and try to not feel bad about myself...Saying everything out is really help...i still feel like wanna have some drinks but i won't break my 7 AF promise with myself...I will keep posting here...thank you for reading this and your priceless support...xxx
                      AF today

Comment

Hi Lovemylife,

You're doing really well and don't listen to the nagging al brain - reread your list if you feel yourself getting cravings.

I agree with all your reasons, but number 4 particularly resonates with me. I don't want to feel quilty.

I am so glad you are getting support here - keep posting.

Best of luck - and know that you CAN do this. Others on here have.
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Welcome, LML! You have wonderful reasons to stay sober! I have about a million, but the three most important are: My oldest child, my middle child, and my youngest child!
                          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Working...
                          X