I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

oops! I hate it when posts cross! Great that you stayed AF last night! Now you are on the right track. Well done!

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Lisa, can you explain your problem to him? And ask him not to bring any more wine home? I think wine is more addictive. Lots and lots of folks here seem to have suffered at its hands!

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

the lust for wine

Yes Lisa wine must be more addictive- or is it just that everyone treats it like a "in" thing?
        Notice everyone on TV has a glass of wine with dinner- the Food Network cooks with a glass of wine on the counter.....that's when I want a glass the most- when I'm cooking.
        I started drinking a glass a night to help me sleep when my obstetrician told me too!! I'm not kidding!! That was 23 years ago and I've done it ever since.....except it's no longer one glass. As far as your hubby bringing it home- that's a problem too. My husband likes it just as much as me, except he's much larger and drinks less a night than I do. Hang in there and it gets easier to back off- I have had one slip up since Saturday. Not too bad I don't think.

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Call of the Grapes

Would completly agree that wine seems to be an addiction unto itself. You rarely see a picture of a vodka bottle at anything but a party scene, but a bottle of wine with one person in view is everywhere. Just a given nowadays.

Have to say that the L-Glut is saving me big time. Cuts the cravings to nothing. Just need to take it before I get home at night. I've got some in my desk at work and take one with cranberry juice about 3:00 and another at 5:00 if I'm still thinking about wine. Unlike the Kudzu, you can get it at the drug store (even have it at our grocery store...lots of body builders use it). And it's not expensive.

Gotta run and start the day.

Wishing you all a great day.

G

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

middlepathpilgrim;721548 wrote: Would completly agree that wine seems to be an addiction unto itself. You rarely see a picture of a vodka bottle at anything but a party scene, but a bottle of wine with one person in view is everywhere. Just a given nowadays.

Have to say that the L-Glut is saving me big time. Cuts the cravings to nothing. Just need to take it before I get home at night. I've got some in my desk at work and take one with cranberry juice about 3:00 and another at 5:00 if I'm still thinking about wine. Unlike the Kudzu, you can get it at the drug store (even have it at our grocery store...lots of body builders use it). And it's not expensive.

Gotta run and start the day.

Wishing you all a great day.

G
            I am going to try and get some today!

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

I am new here and can really relate to drinking at night to go to sleep. I had AF day yesterday and going to sleep was the hardest part, I lay awake with my mind racing, body tossing and turning, and I want so badly to drink ... just so that I feel like I can relax and forget my problems.

I have tried going AF in the past, and I found chamomile and valerian to be good, especially valerian tea for helping with relaxing at night.
              ?Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.?
              --Thich Nhat Hanh

:new:
              :catroll:

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Embarrased

I've been drinking and drugging for quite a while now. I've spent the rent ad nauseum. When I drink, I usually end up with the coke too. I really don't care what others see. When I bounce off buildings trying to get home, I know I live in the city, and who gives a shit about me, or me about you. So, I bounce off buildings on the way home... Thank God there are a lot of buildings here.

Last night, I was cought stealing a bottle of wine from the store. Luckily, they did not call the cops, but they did take the wine back.

Today, I cannot understand how I feel. Embarrased, shamed, like some wine bitch?
                This has bothered me all day. At work, I made some mistakes because I was trying to indentify how I felt. I guess feeling bad isn't good enough for me.

This little incident in the life of a druggie/boozer has had a much larger effect than expected. More than cuffs and jail.

So, I didn't have a drink or a drug today. Thank God I'm numb, or this might hurt. I hope I can sleep tonight because I have to work tomorrow. How do I sleep with out passing out?

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

cuz its been 45 days without a hangover, and it feels good
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Today is my day two. I had a hard time sleeping last night; I could not stop thinking, which became angry thinking, of course.
                    As I layed in bed, I knew the anger was felt toward others, but the real anger was about myself and my lifestyle. I am mad at me for the foolishness and the waste surrounding me. The waste I have caused in my life, through my own actions and desires.

So, I prayed a little, and hoped for today sober. So far, this prayer has come true, and I am thankful for this. I worked extra hours so I might be a little more tired tonight.

My body feels terrible. I expected this and I know I will get throught it. No extreem symptoms, Just feeling beat down.

Last night and tonight I have enjoyed writing. I used to journal, but the stuff I wrote got repeticoius (sp!) I guess this happens when the biggest thing in life is relapse and recovery.

So, I thank God for these moments. I thank Him for the discomfort because it isn't obsession, and the pain has a reason and a time frame, if I stay as I am at this moment.

Although it isn't good to think ahead too much, I am worried about payday, which is Saturday.

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Hang in there Stedy. I know its a struggle and it may feel hopeless but you will only see that things are and will get better if you can push through this - take it a minute at a time if you have to.......you are worth it! I truly wish you all the strength you can muster over the next minute, then the next and you never know............:l
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Dear Embarassed and Stedy,

The way you feel physically will pass. I know what I'm talking about.

Embarassed, Put the self-loathing to bed. Sh-h-h. Let it rest. Yesterday's behind you, so let it be.

Embarassd and Stedy, You'll sleep better soon. Lack of sleep won't kill you, but AL will.

I'll be thinking of you both tonight. My heart goes out to you.

Hang with us.

My best to both of you.

Juja
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

I really like the idea that take a day at a time... I am so used to finish a bottle of wine and pass out not remembering even I brushed my teeth on next day. Every day I bought a bottle of wine and finished all. It has been almost decade... so scarey.
                          Finally I decided to take serious action and No Drinking ALone...at least Because I always alone and drinking home. That is what I like it.
                          Today is my first day and it is almost midnight. No drinking.. that is good.
                          But I am so used to go sleep with passing out.. so I cannot sleep at all even though I am tired.
                          How long it will take for me to sleep peacefully without drinking...

Comment

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY

Today is my first day, too, kaana777. Let's do this!
                            Short term goal - (I can't figure out a realistic short term goal.)
                            Long term goal - Moderation! :heart:

Comment

Working...
                            X