Hi, New here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, New here...

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank you all for posting your experiences. I started out a few years ago just having a drink with my husband in the evenings. And now, I realized I'm drinking a whole bottle of wine by myself. Last night, I opened a second bottle and drank half the first glass before I realized what I was doing and threw it out. I've ordered the starter kit and cds. I'm tired of feeling like an unproductive lush.
    My hubby doesn't think it's serious, but I do, otherwise I wouldn't have called my doctor. He's a cardiologist and I have mitral valve issues so he prescribed Campral for me. I don't want to drink myself to death and I know my only (22 year old) child is worried about me. It's strange because I used to get terrible migraines with the hangovers, but since going through menopause, I don't get migraines anymore and just a faint headache from the wine. That, to me, is scary because there's really no "hungover" feeling anymore. Just a general feeling of not giving a damn and that scares me even more.

Hi, New here...

:welcome:

Hi Jada,

Good safe place you've found here.

Keep reading then read some more. Post where you want. You'll soon find familiar names all over. Hopefully yours will be one too.

SHOUT out if you're struggling.

I'll let you into a secret. My husband has fallen in love with me all over again since I stopped drinking.:l

Keep coming back.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi, New here...

Hi Jada,

Welcome to MWO, glad to have you with us
      You've made a good decsion to take care of yourself now before you run into big problems!
      Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, we'd love to get to know you & help you along on your journey.

Wishing you the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X