ODAT Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday

hi, really feel liks a drink now,none in the house so I am taking Kudzu and playing scrabble to take my mind off it, not really working, anyone got an interesting conversation to get going?
    Twitch

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Failed the day

Hi
      Annie - how did the shopping trip go? Did you get a gorgeous dress for the wedding, hope you knock 'em dead.
      Tawny , Boss man & Red - congratulations, you sound like you are doing great, and refusing to give in, you give me hope.

I have had a very lonely day, just my two old mutts for company, and one of them smells. I held out until 9pm, then poured a whiskey, after 4 days AF I feel like a failure. I tried calling a friend, but no one home, they actually have a life, unlike me. I must stop feeling so sorry for myself and get a life, but how do you make new friends at 37 when alcohol has messed you up, self loathing, anxiety, feeling worthless, these characteristics do not attract new friends. Ok, I'll stop whinging now, hope you all had a better day than mine. I'll be back on track tomorrow.
      Thanks for listening.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hey Elsa, I know what you mean about feeling lonely. I am hanging out with my husband today and I still feel lonesome, not good enough, like everyone else in the world has better plans and a better life than me. Now, after saying it, this does sound ridiculous to me. But this must be a part of the "stinkin thinkin" that AA talks about. And these kind of thoughts have led me to drink so many times. So, keep posting, and know that you are not alone.

I often wonder what kind of activities I can get involved in to make new friends and have a larger social life. I know it takes time effort to make new friends.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Elsa thinking of you and sending a cyberspace hug. Know that you are not alone in not having a straight path to sobriety and that is not failure. I find it hard to make friends because i'm fairly shy and a bit nerdy. I've started just saying to myself in social situations: I'm smart and funny (two characteristics I feel confident about) and if the other person can't relate I just let it go. I hope you don't have any more dog barfing tonight

Ladybird - are you having a birthday sometime soon?
          Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi
            Bet your husband smells better than my old mutts, probably get better conversation too.
            Seriously though, I know people can feel lonely when they are standing in the middle of a crowded room, I think thats one of the worse things AL does to you, it makes you feel so isolated from everyone else, so that you then have to rely more and more on it for your company and support, as you have no one else. I t is a bit like an over controlling boyfriend you are scared to ditch.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Hi
              Luvwins - thanks. I could say to myself I'm smart and a bit odd, but I usually only think I'm funny after a few glasses of wine, by which time I'm probably not.
              No more dog barfing - but one is still letting a few fragrant smells waft across the room every now and then, but then when I am their age (in human years their 90's) I probably will as well, and not care.

Comment

ODAT Saturday

For everybody who is having it rough today, we have all been there at many points in our lives, it is so very rarely a straight shot out of this mess. Certainly not for me. Never give up, ever, and if you do, change your mind. Onward, Elsa, it will be fine to get to know you and your old doggies.

Goodness, Luvie, you are funny and smart. And yes, I do have a birthday next week, I am going to take out my little 450 million year old fossil and put it next to my cake in an effort at perspective. Love, Cronebird.
                may we be well

Comment

ODAT Saturday

Elsa - you should be asleep by now on your side of the Atlantic - I hope so. About being funny: it is totally in the eye of the discerning observer. I am sure you are funny sober with the right audience.
                  LBH - so what day is your birthday? - fess up so we can celebrate.
                  Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

Working...
                  X