Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for Sinclair

:new:
    I 've been reading about the Sinclair method for a while. I finally decided to ask my doctor (in Texas) for a prescription to Naltrexone, and he referred me to an addiction clinic, saying he had never prescribed it before and had never heard of the Sinclair method. I went to the addiction clinic's Web site, and it is an abstinence first, then frequent counseling, kind of place. That is not what I want to do.

I understand the need to check liver function regularly, which is no problem for me because I have a liver function check every six months because of medications I take. I have done research about possible drug interactions between Naltrexone and medications I now take and have not found any indication that Naltrexone would be contra-indicated.

I know there is at least one person on the forum from Texas following the Sinclair method, and I wonder where he (or she) found a doctor to prescribe Naltrexone. I've searched online for a doctor in Texas who knows and is willing to try the Sinclair method but my search only turns up addiction clinics that insist on abstinence first. Can anyone help me find a doctor who will try this method?

Ready for Sinclair

Hi cozy - HMMmmmm. They want you to stop drinking Before you get meds to help you stop drinking??

Seems a bit of a catch-22. I know nothing about these drugs, but there is a forum here that may help - you may already have seen: Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Ready for Sinclair

Cozy - just noticed this thread in the previous forum:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...2-a-30400.html

Sounds a perfect place for you to investigate!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
      X