Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday September 27th

Good Morning ODATERS!

Tawneywitch - well done for resisting buying wine when you went shopping. The decision to drink is made when you buy the bottle not when you open it in my experience! keep strong and that amber liver test will improve.

Anniemac, I hope you are ok. I was really concerned to read that your oh bought you wine and hasn't got a problem with you drinking at the weekend. I think you should ask him not to - he needs to be more supportive and considerate (IMHO). Is it because he doesn't want to lose his drinking buddy?

I'm feeling very pleased as I hosted a coffee morning on Friday for some of the mum's from school. Had a very good turn out and when I added up the money we had raised over ?60 for Macmillan nurses and everyone seemed to enjoy the morning too! It was extra special for me as the day was the 22nd anniversary of my dad's death (but I didn't tell any of my guests that as I didn't want to bring the happy atmosphere down).

Wishing all of you an AF Sunday. It's a beautiful autumn day here is the UK. Just try for today not to drink. One Day at a Time!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Sunday September 27th

Hi Bluey and all to come!

I'm celebrating because I've had a hangover/groggy free weekend - and I have had AL but a reasonable amount and not totally overdone it:goodjob:

Went and visited puppies last night - they look like moles! Only a day old afterall. Chose a black and white dog (only one bitch which the owner wants to keep) and whole family is now debating what to call him. Current leaders are Oscar, Ollie, Floyd, Jarvis (he's a cocker spaniel....) and Derek (my son's contribution I really don't understand:H). Freddie seems to be coming up on the outside and may be a winner - I think in homage to Freddie Flintoff and Freddie Mercury. Such excitement. Will post pictures when you can actually see that they are puppies and not like they are at the moment.

Going to make another cake (it doesn't last long in this house).

Luv Bx

Comment

Sunday September 27th

HI guys,

Thanks for starting us out Blue!

MM - puppies!!!! So exciting. Can't wait to see the pics.

I am on day 8 - made it a full week. I have done this before only to fall at day 23 or 24 so I'm confident this time will be my full 30. Today is going to be a fairly uneventful day as I cleaned my little butt off yesterday. I have to get groceries and finish up a couple of loads of laundry but other than that I get to spend the day doing some homework for the course I am taking which I find really interesting.

Hope everyone has a good relaxing and AF Sunday!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Sunday September 27th

We have two ODATs for sunday running

ODAT in the title helps me find it. Not theat there are rules or anything, it's just what I personally look for.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sunday September 27th

I see an ODAT Saturday but not one for Sunday? Am I blind? (that is possible - LOL)
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Sunday September 27th

I posted odat today first in the wrong place, just to keep you on your toes you understand, dont call the pup Freddy, that's my son's name, asking fir trouble if he turn's out anything like him,lol.
            Twitch

Comment

Sunday September 27th

Ahhhh I see. Tawny's is in general. ODAT is always in Just Starting Out.

I'm the type that looks at magazines from the back forward so don't mind me. :H
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sunday September 27th

Morning All!

greenie - i too read magazines from back to front.

today will be a laid back day for me. going to leave here soon to pick up my daughter and go out for breakfast.

tonight i am trying a new vegetarian recipe of chickpea croquettes with a mini greek salad on top. I think even my daughter will eat it.

Have a wonderful Sunday all! Mine will be sober again, 50 days behind me already!
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Working...
                X