Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Journey Begins!

Hi There

My name is Tania and I am from Cape Town, South Africa. Over the weekend I got so fed up with my nine and a half year drinking problem, so I went onto the internet and searched under alcoholism and came across this site. I immediately downloaded the 'My Way Out' 87 page book while fighting with a temperamental printer as well. I used to feel so alone in my mess and I have hid it well from most of my friends. People think I am this vibrant, fun-loving woman who can handle alot of liquor - but they don't know the internal anxiety that I feel when I am in a social setting drinking. One part of me wants to stay in control and dignified and the other part just wants to guzzle down booze and get very happy!
    My friends and family don't know how many times I've woken up on the floor of my bedroom with bruises from losing my balance and falling after drinking over 3 bottles of wine in one night. The days I've not been at work was due to me being in bed all day nursing a serious hangover and being severly dehydrated.
    I have read halfway through the book and was given back my hope. I have been praying to God for years about this and I believe He has just answered.
    If there is anyone in Cape Town who knows where I can get Kudzu Root Extract and find a medical practitioner who believes in this program and can prescribe me Topamax, I will greatly appreciate it!

Thank-you
    Tania B.

My New Journey Begins!

Welcome Tania. You have come to a good place. Keep us posted on your journey!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My New Journey Begins!

Thanx Lush I will - Tania

Comment

My New Journey Begins!

Welcome Tania!

I have no idea about doctors in South Africa, but if you cannot find one who will prescribe it, you can try ordering it online. You can order from a website without having a prescription for it. The other route to consider is "Campral" It is FDA approved and many doctors, at least here in the U.S. are very familiar with it. It is for complete abstinence though. You can read my post to "Need help here iin Atlanta" just above yours. I listed the website if you are interested, and also more info on Campral. There is a research section here on this website as well where you can read up on the different medications.

This website truly is an answer to prayer for me as well, and I think you will find the help and support you need here! Its a great bunch of people here who all share this common struggle. It is very refreshing to know that you are NOT alone.

Keep posting and let us know how it goes for you!

All the best,
        Allie
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

My New Journey Begins!

Thank you so much, Allie. I will definitely go onto the website. Reading all the other peoples stories has made me feel that I am definitely not alone and that there are so many people all over the world that are fighting the same battle with alcohol abuse. It is wonderful to know that there are other people out there that understand.

Thanx once again,
          Luv Tania

Comment

Working...
          X