Hi, I'm Qwerty. I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, this is my first post. I am an alcoholic, and have been for the best part of 15 years. I just want check in and say 'hi'. I've been reading these forums for a few weeks now and have finally decided to sign up and contribute. 3 years ago, my life was a constant blackout. More recently, I've been 'functioning' well enough to hold down a regular job without screwing it up. My current situation could best be descibed as 'trying hard to stay sober, but slipping up regularly'. Sound familar? Anyway, after my latest two day bender, I've decided it's time to stop drinking. I'm on day two and I'm feeling positive. I'm really committed to making it work this time, but I'm terrified of the days ahead. Fingers crossed!
    Thanks for reading.*

Kia ora Qwerty! What you're saying sounds very familiar and no doubt a lot of what you read here will sound very familiar to you. It's a hard road ahead but once to make the decision to change and get on the path it's completely worth it. Lots and lots of awesome and supportive people here from all over so check in regularly ask lots of questions, tell us when you need help and let us know how you're doing!
    Cheers
    Jandal
    I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

:welcome:
      Hi qwerty,

Good safe place you've found here. Lots of good kind people with as much advice as you need.

Keep reading the posts then read some more. SHOUT if your struggling.

This place has been a godsend for me.

Please let us know how you're getting on.

Wishing you all the luck in the world .

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Qwerty, you are in the right place here, lot's of friendly advice and support, it is hard but there are some terrific stories of success here, read as much as you can and come back to chat as often as you like, it really helps me to come here and say thing's I can't to anyone else. love Tawnywitch.
        Twitch

Comment

:welcome: qwerty your in a great place hope to see ya around :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi and :welcome: Querty i'm in the boat as you. Longest i managed this year was 2 and a half weeks and then its been a week here and there or a few days. i didn't drink yesterday and i don't plan to today as i'm broke anyway lol!. Its tough at times but this is a great site with lots of support. Check in often post if you feel like it and the best of luck.:l

Comment

Welcome Qwerty, it's nice to have you aboard. Good luck and keep posting.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome Querty!

You've found an excellent place to start your journey to a healthier you! The support here is amazing and I wouldnt have 51 AF days behind me without it.
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Welcome Qwerty:welcome:

It's a great place. I've been falling off and climbing back on the wagon for a good three years. Feeling much better since finding this place. Good people, lots of help. Do read the book and get the supplements and listen to the CDs. Makes a world of difference.

All the best to you!

G

Comment

Welcome Querty! Have you read RJ's book? You can download it from the Health Store at the top of this page. You need to have a plan and we will all support you as we certainlly have experience with success and the trip ups along the way. Good for you for making this step!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Welcome, Qwerty!

This is a great place to be, so glad you found it. I'm at 50 days AF after a whole lotta years with AL, and the information and support of this forum is what made the difference for me. Hope to see you around, and best wishes on your new journey. You will never regret it!

Much love!
                      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hi Qwerty,

I'm new here as well and just starting day 2.

It is overwhelming to think of "the days ahead," but there are so many people here who have shared their success stories it makes me feel optimistic for myself and all of us who are just starting out.

See, I can't imagine Dancelot's 50 days AF - congratulations Dancelot! - but at least being here at MWO I am beginning to think with a lot of work and support I can do at least a couple of weeks and maybe that will lead to another couple of weeks. I finally feel like I can at least visualize that possibility.

Hang in there and have a wonderful day and hope to read more of your story!

Comment

Welcome to you too, FindingMyself!

I was exactly like that as well when I started, so never give up hope. String together those days, or hours, or even minutes - it is so worth it. Glad you are here too, stick around, it is a wonderful place to be!

Much love to you!
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Wow! I go to bed for a few hours and wake up to find so many great responses. I'm feeling the positive vibes already. Thanks to everyone who has replied.
                            So, today is day 3, I'm lying in bed at 5am typing this on an itouch. I'm sober and feeling confident that today will be alcohol free. It's not unusual for me to string together a few alcohol free days. However, it will be unusual if I make it a full week without drinking. If I can go a week alcohol free then I'll know I've started making progress.
                            Anyway, I'm just going to concentrate on today. I have a busy day at work ahead. And I am taking my laptop with me to keep my wayward mind occupied during my lunch break. Does anyone else do this? Usually i spend time at the library writing, but I have been known to sit in the park playing minesweeper for an hour!
                            Ok, I need to get some more sleep before work. I'll check back in tonight. Thanks for the support.
                            Q~

Comment

Welcome Qwerty!

Nothing to be afraid of here, we're just a big bunch of nice people who understand where you are right now

Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, lots of folks there just getting started as well and a few of us 'oldies'.

Wishing you the best!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X