Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Hi Odaters!

I didn't sleep well last night - but I was sober so that's a good thing.

Day 9 here for me. Today I had set as my smoking quit date - wish me luck!

Quick in and out this morning but I'll be back later.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Monday

Morning Uni!!

I wish you great strength and determination in the quitting smoking department. That has been my BIGGEST struggle. It makes abstaining from alcohol appear to be a walk in the park.

and congrats on your 9 AF Days!! you go girl.

Monday, blar. How come the weekend goes by in about 3 seconds??

Hope everyone has a great week!
    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

ODAT - Monday

ODATERS!!!

Weekend? We had a weekend? Well.... All I can say is my goal this week is to make better use of my time. I have a clean house and laundry but I'd rather have had a weekend. But I did go to a festival and then proceeded to slug the rest of the day. But I want 2 day wekends. I want to manage things so I don't HAVE chores on the weekend. But there's this PBS series this week on American National Parks that fascinates me. so I gotta get a game plan together so I can watch it at 8 every night.

Good girl uni!!! I quit 13 years ago so I don't remember any tips. But good luck. I guess slowly chew on stuff like carrots and celery might help.

Mstall I gotta tell you you are rockin' at 50 days!! Glad you'r foot's better, but remember it takes time so do extra for it even when it feels better. Might get a refexologist to get in there for some work later on. Seriously, look into that.

Hellooooo everyone else to come!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi Uni and Mstall and Odaters to come

Uni - have you read the Allen Carr book on how to quit smoking? I quit 10 years ago and did so after reading this book through twice...it certainly helped. Good luck with yur quit.

Mstall - how's your feet now? I'm suffering with mine. Seeing the consultant again on Thursday. It's so fustrating as it got better on the sole and now hurts on the top!!

Last night I drank with my meal and then stopped. Maybe I am finally getting the hang of this modding business?

Have a good AF Monday everyone.
        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Bluey, what's wrong with your feet? Great job on stopping after dinner!
          sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi Blue,

I do have the book but haven't read it yet - however I have heard many people say that it has helped them. Maybe I will start reading it tonight.

Greeny - have an appt with my GP tomorrow for more bloodwork as nothing seems to be clearing up - I will keep you posted.
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi ODATERS, had a good af weekend. I have the A.Carr book about drinking, quite interesting but didn't stop me drinking. A work colleague of mine stopped drinking after one hypnotherapy session. I sleep much better now that I'm not drinking, but I have dreams about drinking, I recently dreamt that I was really drunk, and was so relieved when I woke up and realised it was just a dream.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good luck Uni with going NF. I didn't like Carr's book on Drinking, but maybe the one on smoking is better. I don't think I've ever had a dream about drinking. But waking up is a good thing. Ready for Monday now...

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi
                  Good luck with stopping smoking Uni.

I haven't done well today, but I hate constantly coming on here and sounding negative when you are all doing so well. I have only had 1 1/2 drinks, will finish the second and go to bed. I don't know what is wrong with me, I haven't had that bad a day, I am just down. I will kick myself up the arse and get on with it tomottow.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Keep trying Elsa! That's what ODAT is all about - no reason to feel negative, we are all here for support whether you choose to go AF or moderate! 2 drinks is good moderation!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Elsa, please, you aren't sounding negative. We have ALL been there, and some of us revisit. It makes me sad when someone has a bad spell and says oh I didn't come here because.... We are here for you in your darkest hour. Never let go. :l
                      sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi
                        Uni & Greeneyes - Thanks. I am feeling better this am. Just got a bit lonely last night I suppose. Oh well, today is a new day, and have just met a lovely new puppy on the morning dog walk, so my two are happy. Back to walking in the dark for a few months, but it is very relaxing.
                        Thanks again
                        Uni - how is the no smoking going, thats my next challenge, but I thought one addiction at a time.

Comment

Working...
                        X