First day trying to deal with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to an AA evaluation meeting today and I cannot get over the hurdle of spending 8-10K for in house treatments. My evaluater pointed to a sign about Campral and suggested that it was a possible helping drug.
    Upon reading your treads, you mention Baclofen, Naltrexone and Topomax which I tried before.
    What do you people recommend? It would also seem logical that you could find a doctor who specializes with these drugs.

I ordered the No Way out book today but do you have any recommendations where I go from here?

Please help!

just like to say :welcome: cocoeagle. there is great advice & support here.hope you stick around :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome coeagle. I think you might want to check the Top, Baclofen, etc. thread. It will give you more insight.

I hope you find some solutions here, it is a very safe and loving place.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi Coco,

It is my first day also and I am very very fearful! No, I am petrified! I have to quit because I now get very sick the day after and I am getting pretty old and my health is shot! I hope that we can both make it through this day. I don't have an answer for you regarding the best drug to take. I want to stop just like you do and I am feeling so very lonely and hopeless right now. You have my best wishes for stopping and am asking for yours.

Comment

Working...
        X