easy way revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy way revisited

I know there are a few threads here already on Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Alcohol, but I had to put this upfront. (A pretty big thread is in the what we are reading section). Anyway, I first read this book about 3 years ago and I thought alot of his points mad sense. I decided to give it another go last weekend, It took me all week to get through it.

For those of you who don't know the premise of the book...it approaches alcohol as though it's no different than poison. He dispells myths that it is a stress reliever, boredom reliever, etc. We treat alcohol as though it's some reward in the western world and it is just the opposite. Instead of trying to look at it as some treat, we would look at it as the devastation it really is.

The withdrawals we feel are more mental. The anxiety we feel when we don"t have a drink is caused by the idea that we know that there is something out there that we can easily get to relieve it. In otherwards, it's hell to try to constantly plan and wait for that next fix and it will always be that way as long as we think of alcohol as relief or a crutch and are jealous of "normal drinkers"

I really feel the shift in mental attitude this time. So if you haven't read it in awhile, it may be worth a try. Also, read all of the reviews on Amazon on it, they are helpful too.
Working...
X