Franzia's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franzia's back!

I was doing fairly well last week- 4 AF days out of 7. Then my hubby brought home a box of our long time habit- Franzia Chardonnay.
    Needless to say I drank too much Friday night, then vowed to "be prudent" on Saturday night when my kids and grandson were coming for dinner. I only drank 3 glasses (I thought) but can't really remember much of what happened clearly. This is exactly why I need to stop..........my grandson is growing up and I'm missing it. I feel so depressed with an empty nest that drinking is the only thing I want to do when I get home and only have hubby to cook for. It was just a few months ago I had a house full of boys almost every night and I was griping about it!! I cooked huge meals and joked that I felt like a "frat mom".......now I long for those days to be back. I need a hobby, a girlfriend, a plan.:upset:

Franzia's back!

Franzia...welcome and you will be glad you posted here. There is so much support and help on this site. I'm struggling myself so I really don't have that much to offer except that I go to the daily ODAT board and enjoy checking in. It keeps me grounded. Good luck to you.
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Franzia's back!

Franzia, I can imagine how youre feeling ,I am dreading the empty nest syndrome, i have had children around for the past 32 year's, i don't know what to do when theyre not around, at the moment i have 2 still, my 21 year old son who has Down's so he'll be here for a while and my 9 year old, my 14 year old is at boarding school and I hate it, he loves it , i can't go into his room without howling,the 9 year old wants to board when he is older, i don't think i could stand it, he still sleeps in our room at the moment,sometimes i dont think my husband and i have anything to say to eachother, we have been so involved bringing up 6 very different children, drink isnt going to help tho, think of your grandchildren, i dont have any yet, but i am determined to be af when i get some,keep posting on here and i am happy to go to chat with you any time, keep strong, I am thinking of you, love Tawnywitch.
      Twitch

Comment

Franzia's back!

empty nest

Hi Tawny~
        6 kids??? WOW!! God Bless you!
        I only have two boys and one grandson......no girls in our family. My youngest is 24 and didn't have a girlfriend EVER until 2 yrs ago. I thought for sure he would live with us until he was 30! Ha! But alas........he found his love and she moved in with US!! So for the past two years I had a "subsitute daughter" and loved it. She would cook with me and do crafts and we shopped together.....it was great. Then BAM- they bought a house last May and moved out. It all happened so suddenly and I wasn't truly prepared. My house is so quiet and lonely. It doesn't help that my hubby doesn't want to do anything together.....all he does is watch TV. I have been trying to find healthy things to do besides drinking and taking medication to "relax" me- I went to the gym today! Yahoo!
        But guess what?? I'm sitting here typing and it's time to make dinner.....and I am wanting that glass of wine so badly!!

Comment

Working...
        X