Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Hello everyone. I This is my first day of not drinking and I feel very depressed, anxiety, and cravings( This is the time I start drinking). Me and my girlfriend broke up 2 mos. ago( we we not that serious, even though she wanted it). But I feel so depressed thinking about her, Is ths part of withdrawl? How long is this going to last? I am 34 years old and I am finally ready to quit or moderate. All my friends and co workers drink, so it will be tough. I tried AA, the meetings were nice, but it was not for me. I quit everying from cigs, pot, and other drugs when I was in my early 20's, so I hope I can do this. One thing I learned is no good girl wants to date a drinker. I am craving so bad, the bar down the block has $1.50 bottles, but i am fighting it. I need to clean out my system. I want my life back.

Day 1

Hi Alsucs - you have come to the right place - welcome.

It is always a stuggle - L-Glut and Kudzo can help with the cravings, B-vitamins and calms forte can help with the withdrawls - have you downloaded the book? It has a lot of good information in it as well and is a great place to start.

We have a lot of support networks and threads here - some people are trying to moderate, some are going completely AF (alcohol free) and some do it ODAT (one day at a time).

Welcome to MWO and don't worry, keep trying and you will find your way out.

Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Day 1

Hi and Welcome!!!!

This is a geat place you have found with some amazing people. Stick around, read...maybe tell us a bit more about yourself. There is a lot of good info. Get ready for a fight....one that is so worth it. I wished I had stopped at your age.

Good Luck and stay strong!!
      :l
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Alsucs, lot's of help and support here, you can do it,you have already shown that you can quit thing's, so stay strong, join in the ODAT thread, and a lot of us are starting AF October tomorrow,
        Twitch

Comment

Day 1

:hello2::colorwelcome:

Hi Alsucs,

Good fine place you've found here.

Keep reading, then read some more. Ask anything you like it doesn't matter how dumb you think it is. You should have seen some of mine.

Unfortunately alcohol goes hand in hand with depression and anxiety in most cases.

Stay close. Let us know how you're doing.

All the luck in the world.

Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 1

Hi!

Day One was really hard for me too - I could practically hear the oktoberfest calling me from the store! Just focus on not drinking tonight and be so proud of yourself for making this decision. My thoughts are with you...

Comment

Day 1

Hi Alsucs,

Welcome, you have found a great place! Lots of info & support available here, do lots of reading on the different threads.

As you rid your system of AL you will find your depression & anxiety lessening. It just works that way
              It is completely normal to feel sad after a breakup, you do have to work your way through those feelings as well.

Take a look in the Toolbox for ideas on how to get through all this. It's located in the Monthly Abstinence section. You need to make a good plan for yourself, something comfortable that you will be able to stick with. Please feel free to join us on the Newbies Nest thread too. Lots of people there just getting started as well.

You can do this if you make a good plan & commit yourself, you won't be sorry!

Wishing you the best!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 1

Welcome!

Guy
                Day 12 AF
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Alsucs:welcome:
                  You can do it. It's not easy but so worth it!

Good luck
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Alsucs...like you said you've given up all the other crap - you can do this too.

xo

Comment

Day 1

Welcome, alsucs -

What helped me in my first days were staying close to this forum, staying busy with anything that was not drinking, exercise (and more exercise, even a little bit at a time), eating healthy, staying hydrated, finding all kinds of non AL beverages and always having them available, L-Glute and Kudzu, and knowing my triggers (times of day, situations, locations). Have a plan. One day at a time, one hour or 5 minutes at a time. Break it down into do able bits.

We have all been through this. It seemed impossible to me at first, but I am now on day 53 AF. Hang in there, you will not regret it.

Much love
                      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Day 1

I have posted to several threads because I am finding website confusing. Day 2.5 days sober. 2 nites of sweats, nightmares, lack of appetite. I am so glad I have come back here.

Comment

Working...
                        X