Day 10 - so foggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10 - so foggy

Hi everyone! I am new here and I am very glad I found this site.

On day three I had severe DTs - felt like I was going to die! I am on day 10 now, and my brain feels so blurry - when will this fog lift? I have not gone this long without being drunk since my youngest daughter was born almost nine years ago. Maybe I just don't remember what it feels like to be sober.

I have had some moments of clarity and I feel grateful to be on my journey towards sobriety. I am excited and hopeful about the alcohol free life that lies ahead but my head feels so muddled, and I just want to get on with it!

Also, my daily running sucks - my times were better and the runs were easier when I was drinking. Perhaps I was just still drunk from the night before. Has anyone else experienced this? Any words of encouragement would be so appreciated...

Thanks!!!
    :new:

Day 10 - so foggy

Hi

It will get better. Day 7 for me is when my sleep starts getting better, which improves my physical feeling. But it's usually about day 14 when I stop getting headaches and that blurry feeling. You're doing brillianlty - your body just needs to adjust to being normal.

:goodjob: Be proud of yourself.
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

Hi!

I'm new too and on day 11. I had severe headaches, nausea and general confusion in the first few days but my head is clearer now! It does get better if you persevere through the 'flashpoints'

I reckon the fogginess is the brain getting used to functioning without alcohol and the body detoxing etc.

I've been drinking pints and pints of water with lemon juice and milk thistle tincture. The brain needs as much water as you can pump into it - and all the rest of the major organs too. I reckon that's what's helped me recover over the past few days.

When my brain is foggy and full of stuff that I ought to remember to do etc I have a journal in which I keep lists of EVERYTHING. I cross them off as I do them. Saves storing them in your brainbox and calms things down a bit.

i know what you mean about the running better when you've had alcohol. I'm just realising that I drove the car soooooo much better when I had a dreadful hangover (NEVER drove it under the influence though) Today I drove up the road and was feeling so good about not drinking and thinking about everything I'd got to look forward to ... nearly drove into the back of a delivery van.

I'm sure the experts on this fab site will also have some great advice for you. I'm in the UK so I'm off to bed now before I change into a pumpkin.

Hope you -de-fog soon

Trix XXXX

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

l'idiot,

You're going to have to change your name...............Great job on 10 AF days
        Be sure you stay well hydrated & are eating healthy, that will help clear up the fog. I remember going through it too but it shouldn't last much longer.

Why don't you join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread - lots of folks there just beginning as well.
        Congrats again, looking forward to getting to know you.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

Great job! I am on day 12 and I too am stuggling with horrible head aches, but I am sleeping good. I almost folded tonight because my head throbbed so bad but made it. Hang it there, every day is going to get better!!!!

Guy,
          Day 12 AF
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

:welcome:Welcome, l'id! So glad you found this site! We look forward to getting to know you. Good job on 10 days!

And welcome to you, too, Witchy! 11 days is fantastic!:goodjob:
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

:hello2::colorwelcome:

Hi l'idiot,
              :goodjob: on 10 days.

You'll soon start to feel better as your body heals its self.
              Be kind to youself.

Stay close and post often.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Love JackieClaire xxx

AF since 7/7/2009 :l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support - it means a lot. I got a great nights sleep for the first time and am feeling a little better today!

Experiencing all of these physical symptoms has been a true eye-opener. I do not ever want to go through this again.

Congrats to all of you on your AF days as well...

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

Welcome, l'idi!

Great job on 10 days AF! Glad you are feeling better today, and got a good night's sleep. It will get easier, and feeling good every morning is so much better than a hangover. Life really is better without AL.

Witchy, congrats on 11 days, and Guy on 12 days! Keep it up everyone, and so glad you all found us.

Much love to you all!!!
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

:welcome: l,idiot you are in a great community,i posted this a while ago in the LtA threads,hope it helps.:goodjob:

Today i no longer keep myself in a fog of alcohol to protect myself from my own painful feelings.In my fog i was unable to get things done,I was usually late,I had trouble making decisions and moving on with my life.
                    In my fog,i did not have clear answers to questions and did not really know what i was feeling,I found it hard to be straight with other people and ask for what i wanted.
                    Since we have been willing to move towards abstinence,we discover our buried feelings and the fog is beginning to clear.
                    It will be hard to experience feelings that we haven't felt in a long time but it will be worth it to have my self and my life back,begin slowly to enjoy this life again.
                    We will discover that this can only be done with the help and support of others

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

I am new ish.......starting out again. How do I find the newbies thread. The community thing is so confusing.

Comment

Day 10 - so foggy

It's called 'Newbies Nest' Tipp. look under 'starting out'

Trix XXXX

Comment

Working...
                        X