How Come????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Come????

How come? Let me explain, i came here to find a support group to find a way to stop drinking. I am no stranger to quitting, i have battled a very tragic and life changing drug addiction to the point that if i used now i would kill myself because it discusts me that much, but the one thing i haven't been able to overcome is the booze. The main reason i can't, is because it helped me through the drug addiction. But i am soooooo stubborn, i refuse to get help, and my family is full of enablers, and i have a great job, and have been through hell in the last two years and kept it all going. But there is only so much you can pull off, so as i see friends dropping off at a fast pace, i can only imagine that the rest is to come. So, why do i call this How Come? because music is very inspiring to me, i and i am listening to a song named How Come, and it is asking a question from one friend to another, here is part,

"How come we dont even talk no more
    And you dont even call no more
    We dont barely keep in touch at all
    And I dont even feel the same love when we hug no more
    And I heard it through the grape vine we even beefin' now
    After all the years we been down
    Aint no way no how, this bullshit can't be true
    We family aint a damn thing changed, unless it's you!"

I can tell you all my story, and hope i find at least one to listen, and talk back to, and i hope i can find the help and strength here to get it done. It has been 2 years now since my last truly sober day, so i am in pretty deep, but i can do it, i know i can. I hope someone sees this, and writes back!! I am now in China so i am on a different time zone than the US, but i will log in daily, and hopefully tomorrow i start my journey to the new life!! CIAO and much love to all of you who are fighting the same battle that i am, you are all so strong!

How Come????

Hi Elton and welcome!! You have landed in a place of many listeners who understand, respond and support. I'm so glad you are making this step. Read around and you may find a story similar to yours. Get the book and read it. You can download it from the Health Store at the top of this page. Keep talking to us!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

How Come????

helo and :welcome: eltonmatters12 this community that you have found is great,if you are moderating,abstaining or just want to cut down,its all here with real people from everywhere.hope you stick around and join in. dont quit quiting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

How Come????

Elton... turn off that hill billy station! :H

Well, you've come to a great place for support, wisdom, and practical advice. Welcome.
        Have you read the MWO book yet? Although it deals with moderation, many of us have found that moderate drinking just isn't in the cards (the pickle = cucumber thing). But the multi faceted approach of the MWO method works just as well for abstaining.

You are absolutely right when saying you CAN DO IT. Yep, you can. And, there's a wonderful community here to help and prod you along. Please feel free to join in any of the 'starting out' threads like Newbie's Nest, ODAT, Operation October, etc.

Read, ask questions, vent, yell, cry... do whatever it takes. Again, welcome.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

How Come????

Welcome EltonMathers12!
          Glad to see you here. Stick around and you will certainly find the support you need to help you on your journey to a new life. Best wishes to you.
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

How Come????

Hi, Elton, and welcome!

Glad you found this site, and I hope to see you around!

Everyone here has gone through this, no one judges, and everyone supports everyone else. There is so much information as well, and this place has made the difference in my staying sober. I've done it a couple times before on my own, but MWO gives me hope that it really can be forever. Best wishes on your new journey - the destination is a wonderful place!

Much love!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

How Come????

Hi Elton & welcome (are you related to Marshall Mathers :H)
              I'd love to hear your story friend.

xo

Comment

How Come????

Hi Elton,

Just wanted to say Welcome!
                You've already gotten some good advice.
                You can do this, we're here to help in any way we can

Wishing you the best!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

How Come????

Welcome

Elton , I'm new here too:welcome: Keep coming back , the ppl here are so caring and helpful. stay strong , Emmy
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                  X