1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

So October 2nd of last year, I was drunk for the birth of my first grandchild. Indeed - it was the day I hit ROCK BOTTOM. On the 10th of October 2008 , I decided that either I should die, or dig myself out of the hole that I was in.
    With everyones help here, I made the commitment October 10th, 2008- AL was not going to take over my life. Oh, it wasn't an easy commitment, but if I wanted to be involved with my grandbabys life, I needed to get myself together FOR ME and my family!
    I Joined MWO,
    So I thank YOU ALL for helping me with my journey, all your support has given me the strength to face the demon that has lived in my closet for years.
    Oh- not to say I didnt have a few failed days- probably about 5 this past year, but I got my act together, came back for support, dusted off my shoulders and started all over again in my journey to sobriety.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I pray for all of you, to keep strong and face your battles one day at a time- and when 1 day seems to long, break it down to 1/2 day, and if that doesn't work, break the day down even more- even if it's 15 minutes at a time.

We are all here for each other, I lean on you for support, and give support when others need to lean on me

i posted this in just starting out, because I want to give encouragement to our new friends that have come to MWO for support
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

DLW - congratulations! I am so glad to hear such a positive post. Your grandson is better for it!

Job well done, you should be proud!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

:l DLW

What a lovely and uplifting post! Many, many, MANY congratulations... so happy to hear of your success!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

dlw,

Congrats, you must be so happy
        I joined for precisely the same reason - the birth of my first grandchild.
        This place & all of the people here are such a blessing!

Wishing you continued success!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

Many congratulations to you, dlw. Thank you for posting that uplifting message!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

That's terrific - congratulations dlw! Love to hear the success stories here, so thank you for posting yours.

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

HUGE hugs and congratulations! You did the awesome work. We cheered!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

HIP! HIP! HORRAY!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

How lovely

Looking forward to posting similar next year!!!

Trix XXXXX

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

Well done, what an achievement to be proud of!!

Dora

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

Congrats!! thanks for posting, i love hearing success stories!
                      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

My success is because of everyones support
                        THANK YOU AGAIN!
                        DLW
                        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!

• Yesterday is History
                          Today is a Mystery
                          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

Big congratulations to you, dlw! I love all success stories, they are such an inspiration to us newer folks! Thank you for posting in this section, great idea!

Happy birthday to your grandbaby, and Happy New Year to you! You did it, be loud, be proud!:happy::yay::wd::banana:
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

HI DLW!
                            Wonderful story - you must be soooo thrilled.
                            Happy birthday to your grandbaby - hope there is a grand 1yo birthday party for him (her??)
                            xoxoxo peanut

Comment

1 YEAR FOR ME SOON

I am a work in progress- I take my battles one at a time , but the war will never be over. AL is a disease that I will always fight- especially my type, as I am (or was) a closet drinker- so my worst enemy is ME.
                              I appreciate all your wonderful praises- this milestone for both me and the grandson is a NICE memory this year, unlike last year-
                              DLW

• Yesterday is History
                                Today is a Mystery
                                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                              X