1 week feeling great!

you did it qwerty,

well done you.

J x
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

1 week feeling great!

Congratualtions, Qwerty, on 7 days AF. It is amazing when you realize how different your life is AF. I mean, I had gotten into this pattern of drinking, recovering that I NEVER felt good or knew what it was like to not be buzzed or hung over. I felt like I was working all the time, cause I came home, drank wine, and kinda "lost" my time off. Now, I have been slowly expanding the variety of things I do off work. Today, I am going on a 5K walk with people from work. And I know it will be fun because I feel good.

So, good luck to everyone today and positive thoughts are being sent your way.
      Redhibiscus

Comment

1 week feeling great!

Everyone KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

1 week feeling great!

Hi Qwerty, Congrats on being AF. I am just starting day 8 and it feels good!

I love the fact that there are people here at different stages and with similar or different goals, and that so many are willing to share their journeys and insights they've discovered along the way.

Keep at it!

Comment

1 week feeling great!

How did you manage the first AF day? This is the biggest hurdle for me as I am in a dark place right now.

Comment

1 week feeling great!

SNAP - and well done Querty all who have posted and all to come. I to am on my 8th day and am so so chuffed to be here typing this!. As you say there have been some tough times (felt like chewing my arm off on Saturday night and drank enough tea to sink a battle ship!) good luck guys and gals, keep it up

Comment

1 week feeling great!

Hi guys,
                Saddad, the first day for me was horrible and I don't think there is really any easy way to get past a hangover. I get terrible hangovers, and I get through them the only way I know how: I curl up on the couch with plenty of water and paracetemol and watch movies and try not to freak out. From day 2 onwards it's been more of a mental struggle, and to be honest, I'm finding it very difficult. I've done 9 days now, and I think half the battle is just wanting to be sober. I guess you've gotta ask yourself, do you want to stop drinking? I've answered yes, and I'm doing my best to stop. I know it's not that black and white, but I think there is a bit of truth in that. At some point you have to exercise a bit of self control. I'm rambling on a bit, It's been a tough day for me today. I was really close to getting drunk today, and I'm amazed that I didn't. Tough times. Maybe some of the other members have some more practical advice for getting through the early stages.
                ~Q

AF since 9/27/09

Comment

Working...
                X