Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just worked out what ODAT means....

Hi all,

I finally gave up smoking in 1983 (god how old is this bloke? he doesn't speak FaceTube anyway!) using the ODAT technique.

Here I am 26 years later and I definitely need to be off the booze, so just begun (day 3 for me now).

It seems I am not physically addicted to alcohol - no withdrawl symptoms, plus never had the shakes etc., but I am mentally addicted for sure.

Have always joked that if I gave up drinking I would need all new friends, hope (a) this is not true, and (b) I can enjoy life without drinking 'grog' or 'piss' as they call it in Australia.

To be honest I have had pain in my liver area of late, put it down to an old AB injury (excuse the pun) but guess what? The pain has almost gone, so I guess I know the answer.

I'm a bit of a hypno-sceptic but may try along with Campral if the good old Doctor will prescribe:new:.

:welcome: ribald this is a grat community with lots of help and advice,check out the threads and posts and you will find out where you like to fit in,even though you can comment on anything anywhere you like. goodluck :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Ribald
      Welcome to you. Like Mario says, this is a great place and the support is terrific.
      And yes, you most certainly can enjoy life without grog. And I have kept some of my old friends too :-)
      Great stuff on day 3 and if you can quit smoking you can certainly quit the booze !
      Good for you!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Ribald and welcome, you have found a great place here. I have managed to survive without 'face ache' too so you are not alone there. Good that the pain is easing off, the liver is a very forgiving organ, so I have read. Well done on day 3, keep up the good work and keep in touch.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
        X