Arrrgghh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrgghh!!!

Sorry, I am drunk. I caved in tonight. I was on my 10th day sober, and now I am back to, .... I don't know where I am. Starting again 2moro I guess. I sat in the carpark of my local supermarket, thinking 'don't drink! You don't drink!' and then I walked in and bought alcohol. I'm so dissapointed with myself. WHY CAN'T I CONTROL THIS?

Arrrgghh!!!

Hi Qwerty. You cant control it because its an addiction. I believe the only way to stop it controlling you is to abstain. I know thats hard and it would be nice to be able to have a drink without it impacting on our lives too much, but as we have become dependent on alcohol that makes it impossible at least in the early days.
    10 days is superb, dont let this one hiccup put you off. Remember how good you felt when you were sober and use this as a lesson in triggers or avoiding situations that might make you want to drink.
    Stay strong, this is a process learning to live sober. It doesnt just happen in one go usually.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

you have done so well, just a hiccup, today is a new day as the cliche goes ,its the first day of the rest of your life, make it a good one ,love and hugs Tawnywitch
      Twitch

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

I can only listen to:
        let it be - the beatles
        god only knows - the beach boys
        stay - Lisa loeb
        cheerleader - grizzly bear
        expo 96 - death cab for cutie

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

I can't be sober. I just can tdo it.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

If you have made a mistake,there is always another chance for you, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call failure is not falling down, its staying down. jump back in here no prob. :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

Qwerty;730416 wrote: I can't be sober. I just can tdo it.
              Yes you can.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

Yes you can Qwerty,
                where abouts in New Zealand are you?
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

Hey!
                  I bet before you started trying to be sober you wouldn't have sat in the car park fighting with yourself. That is a really good step! it proves you really do want this! We've all had the same fight and we've all gone into the shop and got the drink. Don't beat yourself up. You've done something really good but fighting that voice in your head. Your voice WILL get stronger and that little voice in your head will start to weaken.
                  NEXT TIME this happens, make a deal with yourself. When in the car park say, RIGHT, if i STILL feel i need to drink this BAD in 2 hours time, i'll get back into the car and get some. Go home, have dinner, have a cup of tea, stay busy. If 2 hours past and your craving has weakend, say ok, i'll give it another 2 hours and before you know it, the night will have past.
                  Maybe try taking a different route, or ONLY taking enough money to get you through work, leave all your cash and cards at home.
                  You really can do it, it just takes A LONG time to teach ourselves that we don't need drink and cravings are just that, Cravings!
                  Brush yourself off and start afresh today!! 10 days is GREAT!, lets make it 14!
                  You can do it! I believe you can! Now you strat believeing!

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

qwerty,

Yes you can.

Never give up on giving up.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009

:l
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

You can control it. You did for ten days.
                      So you messed up. It happens to the best of us.
                      Start again right away. Go and get some sleep as soon as you can and don't let your bad feelings take control. Each new day is just that. What happened yesterday is done and all you can do is make today a good one.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

Qwerty,

YES YOU CAN!!!

Thinking about going AF is harder than just doing it, believe me!

It is always hard to make the REAL decision, because it is scary.

But it can be done, and your life can be turned around 180 degrees.

Its all up to you, you've got to decide whether you are worth it.

My love and positive vibes go out to you, we are all here for you.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

I've fallen over too and sitting here, cradling my drink, I feel I'm betraying myself by doing so. Know that we will beat this. The fact we're here speaks volumes. We know what we need to do and wouldn't bother to be posting here if we didn't know that we need change and guidance.

I'm exactly where you are right now, but I do know that I CAN beat this. SO CAN YOU. Set a date, something important maybe, or just a favorite number to pick a day of the month to start the rest of your life from ... we all now where this bitch will take us so let's knock it down while we still have the fight in us.

BTW: expo 86 - death cab for cutie = awesome choon

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

I had so many slips before I finally got sober, so can you Qwerty and Spun. Try not to dwell on it, you can't change the past or control the future, but you can do something about now. Don't beat yourself up or you are likely to drink again. One step at a time.

Comment

Arrrgghh!!!

Hi Qwerty, I have yet to manage one day, yet you managed ten. In my books that makes you a feckin hero and an inspiration. I'm trying again today and I'll be thinking of you.
                              j.

Comment

Working...
                              X