Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 days AF, sore grumpy (boring evenings too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

:new:

I tried Campral twice yesterday and since then have had really sore stomach, so till I see the doc again no more for me.

Find myself quite grumpy, almost like I get after a few beers.

Sleep is weird, looking forward to waking up fresh. Maybe going to bed too early.

Early days!!

Cheers (with a Diet Coke)
    Mark

HI Mark,

The first couple of days are hard. I have always found myself quite irritable in the first few weeks. Not that I'm an expert because I can never seem to get past day 24 but I know for me anyway day 5 - 12 I am incredibly miserable. I think it's just the getting used to no alcohol. The sleep I find gets better after about day 7. I have also experienced a sore stomach while going AF - I don't take campral so I'm not sure in your case if it is the campral or just AL withdrawal.

In any case, congrats on your AF time and good luck moving forward!
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Congrats on your fist 4 days, Mark!

Uni is right... there seems to be a grumpy, lethargic phase before you get to the 'feeling good' part. Hang in there. You're doing great.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Mark,

Congrats on your 4 AF days!
        You may be feeling grumpy & not sleeping well right now but that will pass, promise!
        Start focusing on all of the good things that are coming your way
        This is a process - things don't happen overnight but they DO happen!

Keep up the good work!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great job on day 4!
          I finally start sleeping better about day 6 or 7 and for me, I don't really get grumpy...just more anxious and on edge. I take Calms Forte for that. Like everyone has said; it'll get lots better. Just keep plugging away! Congrats to you!
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hey!
            Just think of it as your body getting its own back for all the abuse you've put it through. It takes a while for the body to detox and for you to feel better. It will happen tho so try stay postive!

Comment

Hi Mark,
              Just wanted to let you know you are doing great. You will feel 'off' for the first 5 days at least and after that it tends to get better and better. Try to take care of yourself, eat right and drink water with vitamins after food and sleep if you can. I take Dandelion root (for liver) and lots of vitamin B for the first couple of weeks.
              You WILL start to feel better as you come out of the fug, so son't be disheartened. Keep your chin up mate, we're rooting for you.
              Kim
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

keep going!!

hi mark im starting again too only on day 1 ... have a cupboard full of campral from previous attempts ...... it never really worked for me ... no cramps but didnt stop cravings either .... not sure it matters if you stop taking it ..... good luck buddy .... take care .....
                I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Hi and well done on your progress thus far. You will get lots of support here, so just hang in and keep posting!

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate your encouragement.

Just come back from a (slow) run, kept me occupied for a while.

All the very best to all who are doing this ODAAT.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X