My story..small intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story..small intro

I should have come here first to tell my story..

Well, I'm a 44 yr old woman..wow the years slip by!!

Been drinking for the last 10 years...really badly for the last 6. I'd done
    all the hiding and sneaking around with my drinking I've read others
    have done..cheated my kids out of fun times...cheated my family out of
    terrific family times we should have had. Embarrassed myself and others
    with my gross behaviour.

I really need to stop, I 'get it' this time. Now moving onto day
    4 being alcohol free, I have to say this site inspires me to continue.
    Now looking forward to having lost count of the days *fingers crossed*
    Do you ever stop doing it?

DLA
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

My story..small intro

Hi Dry Life,

It's an addiction and a disease so we always fight it. We will always have to work at maintaining our sobriety - AL is a beast that will come into our heads when we least expect it ("you can have one, just one won't hurt") but lets face it, we all know we can't have just one.

Congratulations on your 4rth day. You have found a great website here with a lot of support.

L- Glutamine can help with the cravings - lots of water and eating healthy. You can do it!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress as you find your way out.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

My story..small intro

Welcome Dry!!
      Yes, it can stop. Read the book "My Way Out" which will help you to get a game plan together.
      Keep reading and posting, there is loads of support here:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My story..small intro

Hello Drylife and welcome to a great place for support. Congratulations on Day 4 AF and hopefully many more to come.
        :welcome:

Comment

My story..small intro

:welcome: Dry and congrats on 4 days. You've made it over the hump of that first week. You'll find lots of support here with people who understand what you're going through. Stay close and Good Luck
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

My story..small intro

Hey Dry,,,Our stories are the same and I'm also in Ontario...I'm only a couple of weeks ahead of you as far as AF time,,,I think it's getting easier. Alcohol is no longer on my mind 24/7,,maybe just a few hours a day! But doesn't it feel great to wake up without a hangover and be "there" for your kids, mentally and physically. I know mine have noticed the absence of the ever present glass in my hand. You have a great attitude and you have friends here to share your journey with. So many have made it successfully. So can we!!! Welcome..
            Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

Comment

My story..small intro

Welcome to another Ontarian

Hello and welcome Drylife

Hailing also from Ontario and I am also 44.
              Yep, yep, and yep. Been there, know what you mean. Yep, needs to stop and yep, you do start losing count eventually. However, you do not (or should not) ever let your guard down. I managed some AF time and then slacked off. Big mistake.

Congratulations on day 4 (day 3 and 4 being a big hurdle for so many) - you're on your way out. Here if you need to talk anytime - wishing you unbridled success!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My story..small intro

:colorwelcome:

Hi Drylife,

:goodjob: on day 4. Over the dreaded 3 day hump.

I too am 44 ( oops my nose seems to have grown ).

You'll find a lot of sadness here, but an awful lot of humour too.

And masses of support.

Keep reading, keep posting.

Please let us know how you're getting along.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My story..small intro

Hi Drylife,

Welcome, you're in great company here
                  Congrats on your 4 AF days, they're the toughest!
                  Please join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. Lots of folks there just getting started as well & good conversation too.

Wishing you the best!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My story..small intro

Hi Drylife and a huge WELCOME to you. So glad to have you here with us. Congrats on Day 4! I wish the very best to you on your journey. You will find much support and encouragement here. It's an awesome, positive place to visit.
                    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

My story..small intro

Thank you all so much for your support!!!

Today I took the dreaded grocery shopping trip. I've put it off the last couple days..just going out to drop off my kids at school and pick them up.
                      Got to the store and the whole damn time did not want to go to the beer/liquor store, and kept thinking if I don't want to do it why the hell am I thinking about it??
                      Well, I made it back with JUST my groceries Whew!

Made a terrific healthy meal, and afterward a chocolate cake with my youngest son.
                      Then we watched The Biggest Loser together, and I just sent him off to bed.

I feel terrific!! AND, although I am only getting between 3-5 hours sleep each night, I'm waking up and making breakfast for them...like a Mom should...like I had not for so many - too many years. Normal sleep will come back so not too concerned...yet *yawn*

I just love this site...so many posts bring me to tears, and many make me laugh.
                      Thanks again

DLA
                      Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                      Sir Walter Scott
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

My story..small intro

Welcome!!! Well done for doing 4 days. Do not let you gaurd down for one second cause if you do you'll find yourself back to day one and there is nothing worse then letting your family and children down... I know i did it MANY MANY TIMES!
                        How are you finding your sober days with the family? When you get tempted to drink, think of how things are now and remember all the times you cheated them out of what should have been.... you do that, you'll be fine.
                        Good luck!!

Comment

My story..small intro

just like to say :welcome: drylifeahead hopefully you have taken the first steps to a better and new life :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My story..small intro

:welcome: to the site your in a good place.

Comment

Working...
                            X