X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Friday 9th October

Hi Odaters!

Universal - congrats on your promo. Thrilled for you! :goodjob:
    Tawnywitch - sounds like your tolerance to wine has dropped - that can only be a good thing and shows that your efforts are working!

Bessie, are you back from your hols yet?
    MM - where are you?
    Savy - you're doing great. ODAT! Hope you enjoyed your time with the doggies.

Let's make today the beginning of a sober weekend!
    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

ODAT Friday 9th October

ODATERS!!!

Lovely start blue!

I want coffee but my milk is sour so I have to go to the store. Grrrrrr.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

very gray here to start with but sun coming out now, got family here this weekend. all my boys home, lovely!! had a great ride this morning too, still bugged by headaches, and yes I am drinking gallon's of lemony water!! hope you are all haveing a great day,
      Twitch

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

Good Morning Blue Sky, Greeneyes, Tawnywitch and all that follow today
        Thanks for starting us off today Blue
        Greeneyes: Try keeping a box of almond milk in your pantry for emergency coffee milk.
        Tawnywitch: Have a great time with your boys and the headaches will go away soon I hope.

I'm on my way to Philly to visit my 90 year old father in law. Amazing to still be in his own home at that age. He loves baseall and really, all sports.

Have a safe and sober weekend everyone!
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

Hi Everyone - looks like you all are doing Great!

Yes, Blue - time w/doggies & kitties is Always good!

Made it past my Danger Zone of Day 3/4... now on 5! Yay!

I don't know if it's due to being AF, but my nerves sure have been jangled lately. Hope this passes. Soon!!

Might be drinking too much coffee - but it sure tastes good...

Hope everyone has a Fabulous weekend!!
          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

Hi
            Universal - ditto on he congratulations for the promotion, you should be so proud of yourself.
            Tawnywitch - hope you have a lovely time with your family.
            savon19 - congratulations on day 5! :applaud:
            My New Beginning - Your father inlaw sounds great. I had (unfortuantley now passed away) a 90+ year old great uncle, who travelled to Spain and Australia every year for holidays until a year before he died, I just hope it runs in the family.
            I have been AF Sun to Thurs, and I said no rules for Friday. So I am on my 3rd glass of wine after a truly shitty day at work. But this is the first 5 days in a row AF I've had in 20+ years, so although I know I should have stayed AF, I know I am on the right path, and am not going to beat myself up over one slip. I have drunk the same amount in a week, that I would previously had drunk in a day, so although I may be taking baby steps, I'm getting there.
            I'm rambling on again, I should get out more, but I haven't got the confidence to do that yet, maybe that will come with time, if it does'nt I have the old dogs.
            I did have some good news, I am starting an Masters degree, the uni has accepted me and work are going to pay for it, so I must be doing something right. Maybe I'm not a complete write off.

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

WOW - Elsa! I'm not sure which is more impressive... that you made it 5 days... or that you've been accepted at University for your Masters!!

(What kind of Masters?)

You are Obviously doing something right.

OH - and Congrats to Uni for promotion (forgot to say that in my first post).

...if I forget stuff, I think I'm going to blame being AF! My brain cells are in process of slowly awakening (emphasis on Slowly! lol).
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT Friday 9th October

Congrats Elsa!

I just started trying to be AF on Monday and managed until last night (Friday) and was feeling really bad about myself that I'd not kept it up. Your post made me realise that I just need to get started again - as you said baby steps - and that I should be pleased I managed 4 days
                Minnie x

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending - make yours a happy every after :l

Sober since 4 November :fingers:

Comment

Working...
                X