Operation October - week two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread this morning is contagious with happy and positive attitudes!! What a great way to start my day. Thank you to all of you.

Cyn-I loved your wonderful story about the dog park. Strange how we can hide our drinking from people but not from our pets. It's so nice to be able to enjoy the simple things in life again.

Red-It made me smile when I heard you talk about laughing with your friend. You reminded me how nice it was to be able to really laugh again.

Pam-What and where is the "hinterland"? Where every it is, I hope you have a nice trip.

Multiple trips to the recycling bin is not part of my exercise program any more
    Finding-:H:H:H I always hated when my garbage bags clanked from all the bottles hitting together.

Sooty-Our human pin cushion! Are you feeling better today?

Hi LHB-in case you peek in.

Dill-I use music a lot to help me lift my mood or help keep a strong, positive attitude. Is there such a thing as music therapy? I'm glad you liked it.

Lav-I know you're there! :H I'm staying focused!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Good morning kids!

Thanks for sending the sun over here Dill, I can see it now
      We are heading out a bit later to take our grandson to the local pumpkin patch & corn maze! He won't know what's going on but I will!!

cyntree & red, you are both doing great! That is so good to hear, makes us smile

Pam, enjoy your visit to the hinterland!

FindingMyself, I was taught to make spaghetti sauce by my very Italian girlfriend. It's one of those weird things, nothing is measured & kind of hard to explain or write down.........it involves meatballs & sausage too! Ranks pretty high on the cholesterol & triglycerides scale I'm afraid but good.

Well, I need to get moving. I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Sunday.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross posted as usual Lil
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi one and all. Am recovered from the jabs (glad you like that word too Dill) its better than shot cos they jab the needle in :H Both my arms are sore and I felt quite rough last night but am fine again now thankyou.
          Lovely song link - could do with some sun over here right now.
          I can't believe you're ordering Olbas oil - hope you don't need it but if you do its great for clearing the tubes and remember a little goes a very long way!
          Lav I hope you enjoy the maze - sounds wonderful, nothing like that in the UK I'm afraid
          Hope everyone has a fab sunday
          Sooty

Comment

Hello

Cyntree glad you made it through those first few tough days.
            Red glad you got out and renewed a friendship - another plus for all of our hard work
            Lav, I got around to making spaghetti sauce tonight and followed your friends recipe - just kept tossing ingredients in the pot and thinking Italian thoughts. We'll see...
            Sooty getting both arms jabbed doesn't sound like fun.

This weekend has been super hard to get through because of cravings and anxiety. I haven't caved, but I could have chewed a leg off my kitchen table today! Anyway, I'm not going to drink today - it's non-negotiable.

Good evening all.

Comment

Hi all,

Had a nice afternoon romping through the pumpkin patch but decided to skip the corn maze! I felt a little uneasy attempting to navigate my way through a 5 acre maze carrying my 22 lb. grandson..........what if I got lost???????? Anyway, he enjoyed seeing the pumpkins, I'll reconsider the maze next year when he can walk thru

Sooty, hope your arms have recovered!

FindingMyself, congrats for standing up to the cravngs!! You are absolutely right - drinking is not an option - ever! It never makes anything better. I consumed huge quantities of chamomile tea to help relieve anxiety, it helps

Well, it's late, gonna call it a day.
              Have a great AF night everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello fellow travelers! How nice that you think I sound different now from last week - I guess I do know that things are different, but it's harder to tell from the inside. This morning I felt sleepy, sneezy and achey (3 of the 7 dwarves?), but kept putting one foot in front of the other, and things cleared up bit by bit. I had to laugh (ruefully) when a box of books arrived yesterday from Amazon, filled with books about overcoming alcholism (which I don't remember ordering - must have been last weekend when I was on a permanent 'hair of the dog' routine).

THANK GOODNESS for this past week - if I had been waiting for these books to save me, I would be one lost puppy right now. Instead, I get to raise a glass of Pomegranate Tea, and shout 'halleluja', day 7 done. Yes, I have definitely had some bumps in the road during the week, but thanks to accountability to this group and regular doses of Kudzu, I'm here, and I have hope.

Plus I feel so enriched by having met you all this past week!! - Wishing you a wonderful AF Monday.
                to the light

Comment

Morning all, beautiful day here today so going out for walk with Mr S (aka Sweep) He's caught my cold now so he's even more miserable than usual :H but the fresh air will do us both good.
                  Lav the pumpkin patch sounds good - 22lbs of grandson - its no wonder your upper arms get a work out when you pick him up!
                  Cyntree, finding, Lil, Dill - where are you all, hope you're having a good Monday
                  love Sooty

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMJi-ziPUI[/video]]YouTube - Nina Simone, "Feelin' Good" (Remix)

Had a good AF Sunday. The sun was shining and it was warm enough to take a couple of walks outside. What more could I ask for?

I'm up early, hangover free and ready to fight the good fight.

Wishing everyone a great Monday.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Hello, October friends!

Hey Lil, you sound excellent! "hangover free and ready for the good fight" Thanks for the song link. Very nice music therapy!

Sooty, here we are! I hope you enjoy your walk with Mr. Sweep. I took two walks yesterday! The day was irresistable. I took one walk by myself, with the dogs, then a second walk with Mr. Dill. The dogs were so happy! They love running through the woods.

Lav, I think you made a wise choice to put off the maze until next year!:H

Cyntree, so good to hear that you made it a full week!:goodjob: I got a good chuckle from your amazon book order story!!:H I surely could have done the same thing! Let's hope you don't get anymore surprise deliveries!

FindingMyself, Wow, your anxiety level sounds like it is off the charts. See if either of these help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xEGLueiLM[/video]]YouTube - Mindfulness Meditation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2ucqyOd9Y[/video]]YouTube - Guided Meditation - Help Addictive Traits

I hope everyone is having a successful month. I want to be sure that our newer friends realize that although the goal of Operation October is an AF month, it is important to keep posting even if you have a lapse. We are here to support each other no matter what!:h

Back later.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning October friends,

Happy Columbus Day for those celebrating!
                        Cool & overcast but dry here so far, so that's good.

cyntree, congrats on your 7 AF days, you rock
                        No one said it would be easy but the results are so worth the effort! Keep going girl, it gets better & better.

Sooty, do try to muster up a little TLC for Sweep. We all know what babies they are when they get sick

Morning Lil - no cross post today! Have a great day!

Time to get some work done, I'll check in later.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Cross posted Dill - Good morning to you!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning everyone,

Lav, glad you had fun romping through the pumpkin patch with your grandson! I've been stocking up on teas. Will try the chamomile - and cyntree, the pomegranate sounds good, too. Bought some peppermint tea yesterday that was yummy.

Sooty - enjoy the good walking weather with Sweep.

Lil - I like Nina Simone's bluesy music and I would have been happy to plant myself in any one of those photos in the video.

Dill - thanks for the meditation links. I really like the guided ones as I'm not in the habit of doing it on a regular basis, but enjoy it when I do it. I think the anxiety I was feeling this weekend came from areas of my life which are a big part of why I was drinking to begin with. Not treating the anxiety with AL - my rotten coping mechanism - added to the anxiety because I haven't formed healthy ways to deal with my feelings as they arise. The weekend was a good lesson in awareness and being attentive to what is really going on with myself.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Comment

Nearly bedtime in this neck of the woods. Hope everyone is having a good day. See you all tomorrow
                              Sooty

Comment

It's evening time here, too, and time to settle in for the night. It was a good day here! See you all tomorrow!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X