Operation October - week two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dill, how I too love an expanse of sober, unstructured time. So much of my life has centered around things done or left undone so that I could have my drinking place. Thank you everybody for welcoming me home. Even though I didn?t drink much in terms of quantity in this week two (or in week two of September?), what our Pam said is true for me. It changed things. Blurred the edges; made things more confusing than they already are. We can have our experiments and even though they are successful and we don?t end up in a ditch, there is this little place that can change, and for me it is not for the better. So, my dear Cyn, I wish you strength and courage and focus on your trip; take your eleven days and treat them as you would the most precious and beautiful piece of art. You are doing very well. By the way, I too love organization be it in my home or garden, organizing is peaceful for me like a meditation. Lav, I am looking forward to my Amoryn which is running late; the company is very cool but can?t put a trace on it unless it doesn?t show up by the 21st. It seems to have gone missing once it was transferred from UPS to USPS but I am sure will get here eventually and help me with these darned old anxious blues. For all of you who are freezing and cold in the eastern US, I hope you can enjoy a warm day inside and warm visits when you venture out. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

Hello, All!

Happy Friday, My lovely friends,
      All is well here.
      Ladybird, I hope you hope look at your experiences on your trip as successes, and ways to learn about yourself, not as failures or reasons to get weepy. You are strong and getting stronger, and I see your resilience and self-knowledge blossoming. Give yourself a hug from me, ok?

I also had a slip this week. I have found that being exhausted is my worst trigger, and when I don't sleep, I am very much at risk. But I know I do not want to be the drinker I was. And a slip doesn't make me so. I am enjoying the process of the program (not, of course, my slip... but I do appreciate what I learned about myself from it) and find myself rereading the MWO book frequently. This time I have actually become successful in the hypno cds, in that I FEEL hypnotized while listening to them. Last spring when I was using them, I was just listening. Now I feel totally drawn in. What an odd experience.

The most important thing that is helping me is turning here each week. You all are such a help. Lilmea, Red hibiscus, Dill, Sooty, Finding, Lavande, Cyn, Pamina, everyone else whose names I've missed, you are my rocks. I don't post each day, because I am on the computer all day at work, and don't want to use the company computer to come here, but you are in my heart, and have my back. Thank you. Have a lovely weekend.
      Mica

Comment

Hello my friends! TGIF!!!
        I haven't been posting much but have just now caught up with everyone and impressed with all of you! I've been working on my computer most of the week, trying to learn a new program for calibrating one of my pieces of equipment, and i have had great success. I am now an expert!!

Loved the mouse experience, Dill. I have alot of those stories from an old house we lived in when i was young (like 19yo!) - not pleasant stories either. We do get some mice in my house here in the city sometimes. I knew my cat was getting old a few years ago when a mouse ran across the kitchen, under the stove, and the cat didn't even flinch!!

And LBH - a mouse kibbutz??? I had to laugh at that one! I enjoyed reading about your experience with the elderly gentleman and the champagne. In those cases, it really is hard to say no. But like everyone else says, don't be hard on yourself. Three glasses of wine in the whole grand scheme of things is really not much!

Lav - homemade soup is one of my favourite things to make, and with homemade bread - my favourite meal!! So warm and cozy - comfort food. Hope you and Dill had a relaxing day.
        And Sooty - stop rushing about, eh??? What did you all do today???

Cyn - any organizational tips are totally welcome!!! My office definitely needs some work!
        Pam - September was rough (for me too) but it is past now. Your little experiment was worth it - and the timing of it and other events weren't planned and you are doing so well now.Glad the sun is starting to shine where you are!
        Big hello to Finding, Lilmea and Mica and everybody else.

Stay warm - pull out the winter garb if it starts to snow!! It is supposed to be sunny here tomorrow - and much warmer - so hopfully the snow out there will melt away and the streets will be dry for a big hash run we have planned for sunday!
        xoxox peanut

Comment

Hi everyone, lovely to see you Mica and Peanut. Its late over here (10.45 pm) and my library book and bed are calling - hope everyone had a really good Friday.
          See you all tomorrow - take care
          Sooty

Comment

Mica, glad you stopped by, you sound good I credit my success on this program, all the things I've learned & all the good friends I've made. Don't be a sranger!

Pnut, good to see you as well! I surely hope you have something warmer to run in Sunday (warmer than the little red dress )

Sooty, hope you had a great day!

I'm wimping out early tonight, just plain tired!
            Have a good night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X