I am back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back

I don't know if any of you remember me, but about three months ago I decided to quit drinking for one month and then reassess. I was successful that month. I was feeling strong and decided that I would try to moderate. I did okay for about two to three weeks and then I cratered. I was back to drinking daily, waking up with hangovers and blacking out. Ugh!! So I am back on the wagon. I am on day 6. It has been tough. I decided to start a blog and document my journey. When I started drinking again this last time, I told myself that I was miserable sober and so I didn't want to go back to that. Then I found one journal entry that I wrote that talked about how much better I felt and I realized my addiction was clouding my memory. So I am writing about my journey to sobriety so that I will have a record and I will know. It is crazy how our addictions can cloud our own memories. Anyway, if any of you are interested the address is: myjourneytosobriety.blogspot.com. If any of you that have been there have suggestions or comments I would welcome them and if any of you want to join me on this journey, I would love that too. Here's to being back on the wagon!

I am back

Hi BP and Welcome back
    Well done on 6 days AF. I think keeping a journal is a great idea. I wish you well
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am back

Hello Being Present (love your name).

Welcome back! I'm starting at Day One and hanging out over at the Pearl Thread. I would love to visit your blog and wish you all the best.

G

Comment

I am back

Welcome back and best of luck.

Comment

I am back

Welcome back. BP

:goodjob: on 6 days.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am back

being present;733280 wrote: Anyway, if any of you are interested the address is: myjourneytosobriety.blogspot.com. If any of you that have been there have suggestions or comments ......
            Hi Being Present,
            Great blog. I have to admit, I laughed out loud at the part about how you ended up having to sit next to your ex and his partner at the theatre. Sometimes there's nothing you can do but shake your head and laugh. Life has a way of kicking you when you're down sometimes. Anyway, welcome. And keep up the good work.
            ~Q

Comment

I am back

Thank you all!! I really appreciate the well wishes. It really means so much to me!

Qwerty, I am glad that I made you laugh!

Comment

I am back

Did anyone else find a huge spike in general anxiety when they initially quit drinking?! I generally do not have a problem sleeping and yet last night I could NOT go to sleep! I am cranky and tired today. I wanted to wake up and feel well rested and clear headed. Not so much today.

Comment

I am back

I noticed a spike in anxiety when I stopped. I'm having trouble sleeping too. Grouchy, on edge, etc. I do find that taking 3 tablets of Hyland's Calms Forte 30 minutes before bedtime has helped me sleep better though. Give it a try. It's all natural, non habit forming and you can get it at your health food store. Two nights ago I only got 2 hours sleep. Now, that was awful. Thought I was going nuts as my brain wouldn't 'shut off'...hopefully, things will get better soon. Good luck!
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

I am back

Yes. Anxiety, sleeplessness, frustration, grumpiness, exhaustion. I've got it all going on. But it's better than being hungover, which is, ... I dunno, just so much worse.
                    ~Q

Comment

I am back

Hi BP... i looked at your blog. This is an excellent idea I think. I've been having trouble staying on the wagon. I have to get past the first ten days, then it will be easier. I think I should have a plan for after work. Something I have to do. The blogspot is a fantastic idea!

Comment

I am back

Have you thought about starting an exercise routine after work during the week. I started that and it helped tremendously!! Even when I was still drinking, I didn't drink much during the week b/c I was busy working out. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                        X