Need Friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Friends...

:wings:Hello, I first posted here about 5 years ago and remained AF for 53 days! I took a chance on being "mod" and well that just did NOT work for me. So in the time lapse of 4 years I have managed to keep my drinking to a minium of "drinking on the weekends at home". Not something to proud of by any means, many wasted weekends and I am tired of this! I really want to STOP. I am better at posting now, but I think I would like to develop some Private message friends to keep inspiring eachther on a daily basis. I know life keeps everyone busy, but if you are interested, please let me know... thank you

Need Friends...

:welcome: and hi disco Bunnie, would it not be better for yourself if you just posted daily in the just starting out thread and then moving up to abstinence,if that's what you want most people here are anonymous to each other anyway,Imho it would help you better

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Need Friends...

Hi Disco Bunny and welcome, feel free to contact me , but I do agree with Mario. If you only do private mail you will possibly isolate yourself. There is such a wide range of experience here just grab what you can and good luck.

Comment

Need Friends...

Hi DiscoBunny and :welcome:
        I agree with Mario and Paula. You certainly may contact me anytime but I think you might gain more support and learn about others experiences by posting in the Just Starting Out threads daily. Best of luck to you.
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Need Friends...

Hi DiscoBunny,

Welcome back!
          Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread. Lots of folks there just getting started & some of us who have been around a while
          I have to agree with the others, the more you read & post the more you'll learn.
          Looking forward to getting to know you.

Wishing you the best!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Need Friends...

WB DB
            I agree with the others, but you also may feel free to contact me via pm. I am also just starting out AGAIN. I am going to try Baclofen this time. I also tried modding after a period of AF time. It just does not work for me either. I am sick of alcohol!!! Best wishes
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Need Friends...

Disco Bunny........meet my alter ego Disco Chi....Ha! He has'nt been out for awhile....Ha! Anyway we are all here to help. Keep in touch.......good info and friends here ! Welcome IAD. ( I'm not crazy but I'm not well...Ha! Just joking ! Ha! )
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Need Friends...

Hi!! Wow, you've done soo well to manage only drinking at weekends. Not many people could stick to that, me being one of them. I had to stop completely! Well done!!!!!

Comment

Need Friends...

:welcome: Disco Bunny. You can PM me :new: too , but I have to agree with the others , its helped me to read & post as a group, but I can understand if you want to connect with someone u feel you can relate to :l Em
                  Non Drinker 9/09
                  Non Smoker 6/09
                  Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Need Friends...

Tired too...

DiscoBunnie;733744 wrote: :wings:Hello, I first posted here about 5 years ago and remained AF for 53 days! I took a chance on being "mod" and well that just did NOT work for me. So in the time lapse of 4 years I have managed to keep my drinking to a minium of "drinking on the weekends at home". Not something to proud of by any means, many wasted weekends and I am tired of this! I really want to STOP. I am better at posting now, but I think I would like to develop some Private message friends to keep inspiring eachther on a daily basis. I know life keeps everyone busy, but if you are interested, please let me know... thank you
                    I am also one of those weekend drinkers. I have to stop - keep wasting my weekends.
                    I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X